First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I drifted a left hand turn with the traction control off and went into limp mode after VSA traction control alarm. The back was sliding proper and I was spinning the front WOT in 2nd. It was a proper slide, no oversteer, front pulling hard and just at the end I got the VSA alarm and went into 10% throttle limp mode. I'm running TSP 2 with advanced VSA but had TCS off at the time.

I know people have this problem on the dyno after doing a pull but this happened on street during a 4 second slide WOT. I hear pulling the abs fuse is a solution but I'm reluctant to pull the fuse for street. How are people even tracking this car, do you track without the abs fuse?
Sponsored

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Did you have traction control off via the button or fully disabled via the pedal dance?

If it was fully disabled via the pedal dance it should have not done this.

OP
OP
bbeem

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you have traction control off via the button or fully disabled via the pedal dance?

If it was fully disabled via the pedal dance it should have not done this.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, just button off, not the pedal dance. Guess I'll have to dance when getting serious.

Will the pedal dance work for something extreme like dyno pulls or might you still have to pull the fuse?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Turning traction control off using the button does not fully turn it off on most cars. Also you probably hit fuel cut off if you were WOT in 2nd gear. I hit fuel cut off plenty of times in second gear just trying to merge. As mentioned, you would need to do the pedal dance, but VSC would be turned back on the next time you start the car, which is what you would want (VSC has saved many from themselves)

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. Yes, just button off, not the pedal dance. Guess I'll have to dance when getting serious.

Will the pedal dance work for something extreme like dyno pulls or might you still have to pull the fuse?
I have no experience but I believe I have read it should solve the issue for the dyno, as well.

OP
OP
bbeem

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you tracking your car?
Probably not. I track the bike a couple times a year. It might be fun once but don't want to beat my DD too much and pepper the bumper and hood and buy new tires... Lol.
Sponsored