Lightweight Wheels

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What are the lightest wheels that can be purchased for the 2017 Honda Civic LX (I plan on getting the turbo hatchback).

I'm looking for 15" wheel size however for the purpose of this thread, there are no limits on the size. Looking to see what are the lightest wheels out there. Nevermind my purpose! Just looking for the lightest wheels.

I currently have Tirerack looking to see if a specific brand and size of wheel will fit. They will get back to me this afternoon. Just doing my homework and picking up some things before purchasing the Civic. Thanks ahead of time.
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You may want to specify a price range.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
Volk te37 & ce28, enkei rpf1s, ssr type-c, just to name a few.. if you want even lighter wheels look into company’s that make wheels from magnesium.

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda CR-Z & 2006 Honda S2000
Country flag
From everything that we sell here are our 4 lightest wheels:

Enkei RPF1
WedsSport TC105N
Volk Racing ZE40
Advan Racing GT

Now it really depends on what size you need, you might have to settle for something else to get the size you need.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From everything that we sell here are our 4 lightest wheels:

Enkei RPF1
WedsSport TC105N
Volk Racing ZE40
Advan Racing GT

Now it really depends on what size you need, you might have to settle for something else to get the size you need.

I am looking for the smallest wheel size diameter as possible. It doesn't matter if it is 15" or even 14". I'll do research for a tire to match as I like to install tires on my vehicles that have a slighter smaller diameter than stock, undertanding that my speedometer will be off by a certain % (I can figure that out). I do this to bring the weight in closer to the center of the wheel with a good all season tire that is as light as possible. I've done this for years so no issue with the tires.

So yeah, smallest wheel diameter possible is better and the lightest. I didn't want to start the thread off by excluding larger diameter wheels though. Thanks for the list you provided. Will look into their weights and cost on your website now.

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am looking for the smallest wheel size diameter as possible. It doesn't matter if it is 15" or even 14". I'll do research for a tire to match as I like to install tires on my vehicles that have a slighter smaller diameter than stock, undertanding that my speedometer will be off by a certain % (I can figure that out). I do this to bring the weight in closer to the center of the wheel with a good all season tire that is as light as possible. I've done this for years so no issue with the tires.

So yeah, smallest wheel diameter possible is better and the lightest. I didn't want to start the thread off by excluding larger diameter wheels though. Thanks for the list you provided. Will look into their weights and cost on your website now.
This is 4x100 for Honda Fit?

team3d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
17" for 13.2lbs will be the lightest wheels you can buy

you do not want 15 or 16 wheels because tires will be heavier than 17

Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
17" for 13.2lbs will be the lightest wheels you can buy

you do not want 15 or 16 wheels because tires will be heavier than 17
Interesting you'd say that. Will give you a holler in PM. Thanks!

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is 4x100 for Honda Fit?
Sorry for any confusion. The lightest (and possibly smallest but lightest is most important) wheel that can be fitted to a 2017 Honda Civic LX CVT (1.5ltr turbo).

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry for any confusion. The lightest (and possibly smallest but lightest is most important) wheel that can be fitted to a 2017 Honda Civic LX CVT (1.5ltr turbo).
RPF1 16x7 +43 about 14.5lbs
WedsSport 17x8 +49 runs 14.8 lbs

Depending on what kind or tires you run you want to make sure the difference in wheel weight is also present with the tires you choose. There will likely be other wheels out there lighter, but it all depends on your needs. These wheels are made for road racing so they are as light as it gets while ensuring strength requirements for this type of racing.
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx