Lighting: Backup lights and side markers...grandma needs help!

t792

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Civic Ex, '05 BMW Z4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not an actual Grandma just old but wanting to change some lights on my stripper '17 Civic. Got the clear sidemarkers which I think I can handle but the back up lights...can't get those $#%* off for nothing. Popped off (and broke) some of the plastic thingies then read just taking off the 2 or 3 screws would work. Pulled the screws but still can't pull the tail light off. Scared I'm going to break it since I'm heavy-handed. Anybody got any advice? For what it's worth, I live in Scottsdale so meeting up the Pavilions would work for me. Heading back out to see what I can do. Sidemarkers or backup lights...would love to accomplish something today!
Sponsored

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
I'm a strong dude and I was worried about breaking something when I pulled off the back light casings - there's two screws, and two rubber grommets. Pull out directly from the side of the car, it'll make a nasty popping noise, but you'll see the two white rubber thingies that keep vibration down. Just needs a little elbow grease. ;)

Honda Civic 10th gen Lighting: Backup lights and side markers...grandma needs help! 20171023_225259

Honda Civic 10th gen Lighting: Backup lights and side markers...grandma needs help! 20171023_225445

OP
OP
t792

t792

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Civic Ex, '05 BMW Z4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm a strong dude and I was worried about breaking something when I pulled off the back light casings - there's two screws, and two rubber grommets. Pull out directly from the side of the car, it'll make a nasty popping noise, but you'll see the two white rubber thingies that keep vibration down. Just needs a little elbow grease. ;)

20171023_225259.jpg

20171023_225445.jpg
I did end up figuring it out. The only casualty was some of the rivets on the side - which turned out didn't have to be removed anyway. Oh well. I ordered new ones for a buck.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Just throwing it out there to (safely) test the reverse lights before you pop in the housings back.
Assuming you're going for LED's, they are polarized, and will only work one way.
Sponsored