GoleeMD

First Name
Jim Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Lol. Same stuff but somehow the price jumped threefold.
Resurrecting this thread because I wasn't about to pay $200-$300 for door sills with a tiny single red R LED... went ahead and ordered these for just under $70 ($50 for front sills and +$20 for all 4 doors). Little more gaudy than OEM, but WTH, I'll give it a shot.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lighted Type R door sills installed 1000004087
Sponsored

KCCTR2020

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda CTR, 2010 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Resurrecting this thread because I wasn't about to pay $200-$300 for door sills with a tiny single red R LED... went ahead and ordered these for just under $70 ($50 for front sills and +$20 for all 4 doors). Little more gaudy than OEM, but WTH, I'll give it a shot.

1000004087.jpg
Cant wait to see installed pics...i got a good deal on my OEM lighted door sill set...so thats what i have

Infinity000

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2004 CR-V
Country flag

@GoleeMD
Checked out the site...looks good. I too would be interested in seeing your pics after install. If my car doesn't sell by spring, and if I do this, I want to make a custom logo with my R# on it. When I was checking choices, it asked for civic X vs civic X coupe...I know coupes typically refer to 2-door, but other definitions online say it can also be the "sportier" version of a car. Which did you choose? Just curious. Thanks!

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Just a slightly long-term note, I'm not sure if it was my shoes, or my door or my mechanic, but the inset material (aluminum) on the Honda lighted sills has taken a couple dents on my driver side. I am 99% sure it not my door, and 95% sure it was not me, and I dunno WTF my mechanic could have been doing to have done this.

Replacing it would be a b#tch, since I'd have to buy a whole new set and then install the whole driver's side over again... AFAIK.

Just a thought to be careful as apparently that part can be fairly easily damaged (?) and consider putting some kind of protection film on the inset part ?

Last edited:

GoleeMD

First Name
Jim Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just a slightly long-term note, I'm not sure if it was my shoes, or my door or my mechanic, but the inset material (aluminum) on the Honda lighted sills has taken a couple dents on my driver side. I am 99% sure it not my door, and 95% sure it was not me, and I dunno WTF my mechanic could have been doing to have done this.

Replacing it would be a b#tch, since I'd have to buy a whole new set and then install the whole driver's side over again... AFAIK.

Just a thought to be careful as apparently that part can be fairly easily damaged (?) and consider putting some kind of protection film on the inset part ?
Pics?

GoleeMD

First Name
Jim Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Checked out the site...looks good. I too would be interested in seeing your pics after install. If my car doesn't sell by spring, and if I do this, I want to make a custom logo with my R# on it. When I was checking choices, it asked for civic X vs civic X coupe...I know coupes typically refer to 2-door, but other definitions online say it can also be the "sportier" version of a car. Which did you choose? Just curious. Thanks!
AFAIK coupe is always the 2-dr version. I got the ones for the FK8 type R, 4-dr.

Sills haven't arrived yet, but will post pics when installed and probably an install video.

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Hard to capture, so I applied a bit of Contrast etc to try and bring it out below...

The damage as you'll see is toward the Front (away from the logo) and around where you can see my overhead garage 4-panel lightbulb.

It's like there are 3-4 lines / creases that go from the left toward the right across the panel as you go up or down the thing and then one obvious dent. Literally NO ONE drives this car except me. No one even gets IN the driver's seat except myself and two shops (my dealer, and my fabricator).

While the dents kind of line up with where your foot might end up, given that I own / drive / mod and pay for everything on this car, one can imagine it probably wasn't me. A scratch if I dragged a boot over the sill, maybe I could see that, as we do have a gravel driveway. But this is almost like someone carelessly bashed it repeatedly. There is zero corresponding marks or damage on the passenger side too. There is nothing on the door panel that could result in this specific strike pattern either. The only thing I can come up with where I am at fault is if the seat belt buckle got caught in the door jam, but the thing is that my seatbelt is super fastened with additional buckles and alcantara pads like for AutoX, and I put it over my shoulder onto a magnet pad, I don't just let it dangle in the breeze, so I just don't see it even possible to get the buckle in that area. Dunno... I'm wondering if one of my shops did that somehow though.

UPDATE: nope don't think it was the seatbelt ... I just tried putting the seatbelt buckle in this area, and even with my crazy setup, it's next to impossible, the retractor will pull it back even if you try to get it near this zone, even if you try and created some slack with the shoulder pad.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lighted Type R door sills installed IMG_4847

Honda Civic 10th gen Lighted Type R door sills installed IMG_4846

Last edited:

GoleeMD

First Name
Jim Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hard to capture, so I applied a bit of Contrast etc to try and bring it out below...

The damage as you'll see is toward the Front (away from the logo) and around where you can see my overhead garage 4-panel lightbulb.

It's like there are 3-4 lines / creases that go from the left toward the right across the panel as you go up or down the thing and then one obvious dent. Literally NO ONE drives this car except me. No one even gets IN the driver's seat except myself and two shops (my dealer, and my fabricator).

While the dents kind of line up with where your foot might end up, given that I own / drive / mod and pay for everything on this car, one can imagine it probably wasn't me. A scratch if I dragged a boot over the sill, maybe I could see that, as we do have a gravel driveway. But this is almost like someone carelessly bashed it repeatedly. There is zero corresponding marks or damage on the passenger side too. There is nothing on the door panel that could result in this specific strike pattern either. The only thing I can come up with where I am at fault is if the seat belt buckle got caught in the door jam, but the thing is that my seatbelt is super fastened with additional buckles and alcantara pads like for AutoX, and I put it over my shoulder onto a magnet pad, I don't just let it dangle in the breeze, so I just don't see it even possible to get the buckle in that area. Dunno... I'm wondering if one of my shops did that somehow though.

UPDATE: nope don't think it was the seatbelt ... I just tried putting the seatbelt buckle in this area, and even with my crazy setup, it's next to impossible, the retractor will pull it back even if you try to get it near this zone, even if you try and created some slack with the shoulder pad.

IMG_4847.jpg

IMG_4846.jpg
I see what you're talking about, and most likely feet from ppl getting in or out. Unless you recently had any work done under the dash where someone may have been lying on it trying to reach something...

GoleeMD

First Name
Jim Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
AFAIK coupe is always the 2-dr version. I got the ones for the FK8 type R, 4-dr.

Sills haven't arrived yet, but will post pics when installed and probably an install video.
Installed the other day, super easy, super happy with them. No harness needed. I did not do an install video, but I can make one if anyone wants.

Front:
Honda Civic 10th gen Lighted Type R door sills installed 1000004352

Rear:
Honda Civic 10th gen Lighted Type R door sills installed 1000004353

Fk8Blake

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8
Country flag
Real easy, the $230.00 and up "kit" that Honda sells is much more expensive than just buying the 2 sills and the wiring harness. The clips and tape are easy purchased locally for cheap. Here is a copy of my invoice from Bernardi Honda where I purchased my setup. :thumbsup:

8AEBE961-9E0A-4C85-B4F8-3448C5435436.png
You’re a damn genius haha

carrot_chaser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
Country flag
They look good, how do they get power? did you have to tap into a wire or fuse?

MaryJaneAssassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Are there any door sill protectors that don’t say Type R on them? I don’t need Type R plastered on every possible surface and I know what car i bought so I don’t need reminder.