License Plate Frames

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know this may seem like I'm thinking too hard about something this small, but I'd like to know what kind of license plate frames you guys have on your cars.

I own a Aegean Blue Sedan and think that black would look good as a frame for the license plate. If anyone could share theirs it would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know this may seem like I'm thinking too hard about something this small, but I'd like to know what kind of license plate frames you guys have on your cars.

I own a Aegean Blue Sedan and think that black would look good as a frame for the license plate. If anyone could share theirs it would be greatly appreciated.
Hi... I have a WOP car... I have black covers for my plates. Check my garage. Hope it helps.

something like this: https://www.amazon.ca/Cruiser-Acces..._7?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1480960543&sr=1-7

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

delfonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
i have clears covers on the front, i've had problems with cops when i had smoked ones on my other cars so opted for clear.

and my rear ones i have the illest sky's the limit one.

Honda Civic 10th gen License Plate Frames {filename}

geolemon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Honda Civic EX (original owner), '17 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I'm torn on this myself. Still have the dealer plates on mine, which I am motivated to get off since the closest deal blew a deal with me and sent me to a further dealer. But even regardless - cheap, chintzy plastic advertising frames have to go for all reasons.

I saw a 2-pack of real carbon fiber frames on Amazon, like the one linked above but $32 for two - I thought about that, but a few potential issues:
  1. There's nothing carbon fiber on the outside of the car, even though it's a bit of a theme inside.
  2. Carbon fiber has a bit of a grey appearance from a distance, which isn't quite a match to the gloss black trim of my Civic Sport in particular (although since I have Lunar Grey, I'm sure it'd still look good), and
  3. You have to carefully shop for REAL carbon fiber. Carbon fiber "look" is basically a mesh hydro-dip fake painted-on image that looks even cheaper and chintzier than the dealer plate frame, and it's a plague that won't die.
That being said, on the "pro" side, it does look high-end. I may go this route myself, but I'm trying to find some thicker-border gloss black frames that actually look high-end while minimizing the terrible earwax-yellow NY plates at least a little bit. I may go with a smoked frame on the front, but the police frown on that in the rear. I did find a frame that came in both smoked or clear bubble versions, that had a black border, but it's plastic and I'm skeptical that it'll look nice - I'm pondering picking it up and giving the black plastic a Krylon plastic-paint spray finish to gloss it up to match the car's trim.

IMO, nothing looks better than something that looks like "it came that way" as opposed to "tacked on", so matching the factory finishes usually goes a long way. But I'm equally torn because those carbon fiber frames do look nice, and real carbon fiber has that 3D effect of the weave in the sun... :cool:
Sponsored