License plate frames; yes, no? What are you using?

OP
OP
justasimpleman

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
little too over the top for me, Iā€™m looking for something a little simpler.

I just got 2 of these

Rightcar Solutions Flawless Silicone License Plate Frame - Rust-Proof. Rattle-Proof. Weather-Proof. - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CV5PLFM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_kNH1CbTK34CB8
i was actually looking at these the other day. How the install? Saw some people mentioning in their reviews that it was a pain to put on.

No frame. Just four screws. I like the clean look.

GjncFMr.jpg
im also considering this. Did you put anything between the plate and the car?

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I always use a nice, simple black metal license plate frame. The ones I'm using now are really nice and come with snap on screw covers that match the frame. The price is incredible... 2 for $10.

https://www.amazon.com/L-Fine-License-Aluminum-Bottom-Design/dp/B074H19K2D
Had this one from above last year, but the 2 downward protruding screw mounting holes bothered me. Threw that one out and went with this instead for the front which matches the cars grill angles, and this frame covers more of the hideous plate
https://www.amazon.com/Matte-Alumin...072MFSV5G/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Put this polished and solid brass one out back, which also ties in with the silver exhaust tip

Honda Civic 10th gen License plate frames; yes, no? What are you using? 2852BF1E-5340-4F55-B65D-17C6AA0B0DFF

Last edited:

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
justasimpleman

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Thanks for all the suggestions... ended up going with the rightcar solutions silicone frame.

If those donā€™t work out, Iā€™ll more than likely grab something else that was suggested in here.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Picture speaks better :p
Honda Civic 10th gen License plate frames; yes, no? What are you using? 20190510_194722_HDR
good call @solar on the noise, I've also used some leftover d shape rubber seal (from a DIY speaker project before), with double side tape, placed it behind the lower part of the plate, this way when I close my hatch, it won't make any noise at all:cool:

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
What is the official size of a Civic license plate screw?

I bought some #12 x 5/8" pan head screws to replace the awful looking hex head screws the dealer used, They almost seem a bit loose and #14 screws seem too tight. I don't want to ruin the threads in the plastic/nylon factory threaded inserts.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
i was actually looking at these the other day. How the install? Saw some people mentioning in their reviews that it was a pain to put on.
Simple install. They fit real snug. The silicone is super flexible. I didnā€™t have any trouble installing. Just make sure you put the drain holes on the bottom.

OP
OP
justasimpleman

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I didn't put anything beside the plastic pieces that are already there. The four screws keep it from rattling when closing the trunk.
I might do this while I wait for my silicone frame. Looks clean.
Simple install. They fit real snug. The silicone is super flexible. I didnā€™t have any trouble installing. Just make sure you put the drain holes on the bottom.
Thanks! I actually ordered a set.

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
OP
OP
justasimpleman

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I have found the best look to be the smoked license plate covers, link below, keeps everything clean, prevents plate rusting, also in addition add the rust free bolts and foam pads to go behind plate so the plate itself does not touch your trunk!!!

https://www.amazon.com/License-Plate-Cover-Unbreakable-Protection/dp/B074N3QMJL/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=2FGZC3ERV2VMR&keywords=tinted+license+plate+cover&qid=1557634031&s=gateway&sprefix=Tinted+lis,aps,235&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1
im not 100%, but I think those might be illegal in California.
Sponsored