License plate frames; yes, no? What are you using?

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I have found the best look to be the smoked license plate covers, link below, keeps everything clean, prevents plate rusting, also in addition add the rust free bolts and foam pads to go behind plate so the plate itself does not touch your trunk!!!

https://www.amazon.com/License-Plate-Cover-Unbreakable-Protection/dp/B074N3QMJL/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=2FGZC3ERV2VMR&keywords=tinted+license+plate+cover&qid=1557634031&s=gateway&sprefix=Tinted+lis,aps,235&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1
Don't the plastic inserts for the license plate screws stick out a bit & keep the plate away from the trunk?
Sponsored

OP
OP
justasimpleman

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Don't the plastic inserts for the license plate screws stick out a bit & keep the plate away from the trunk?
yup. Just took the current plate frame I was using off, and re-installed it bare, the inserts give it about 1/8ā€ between the plate and trunk.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
In defense of the bumpshox I noticed interest was not all that great. I agree the plate looks horrendous on some automobiles. Somehow some ways the angles work on this car. Notice from the pic below that the top piece is a "swoop design" - this will act to push air upward to the stock air inlet so it's a stretch but one could claim a ram air effect if only "in theory" . The pic below is the newer version - I prefer the more simple piece I posted up above. less busy. What seems to work best is that it butts up perfectly to the stock Honda plate cover that is dealer installed in States which require front plates. It sticks out quite a bit. Just like having a plastic see through piece over the plate I suppose I "could" be pulled over for obstruction of the front plate. It's on the edge. I suc with technology and can't seem to get a photo to post on this site or I would get that done. I keep getting a failure for over sized photo.

https://www.civicx.com/garage/my-daily-driver.1682/?direction=asc

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
Rules for frames:
1. Never block the state/province name. This is illegal in many areas.
2. Never use a frame from the dealer. 99% of them aren't good enough to have your car act as an advertisement.
3. Naked plates almost always look best.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
I have this front license plate frame bumper. Saved me once already, young girl in brand new Jeep generate didnt check while backing up. I had no damage to the car, just the car alarm went off.

Honda Civic 10th gen License plate frames; yes, no? What are you using? 910t59LfNaL._SL1500_

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
This is the one ... perfect view of the slope ... imagine if you will going 45 MPH ... the swoop design is going to act to push air perfectly up into the stock grill area. Ram Air. Flame away ... LOL

REBELXSi

SeƱor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
This is what I went with. Cheap and looks fine .

Honda Civic 10th gen License plate frames; yes, no? What are you using? 20190512_223147

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Probably illegal due to not displaying the state name. Don't be shocked if you get pulled over for it.
Ohio does not have such a requirement. As long as the validation sticker is visible, the number is not obscured, and the plate is secure, you are good to go.

HondaGangGoochyMan

2016 EX-T
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I got a black rubber plate frame from the auto parts store, it has a channel and you stretch it around the plate. Looks real clean and doesnā€™t make noise from vibration or scratch the paint.

45-EEA9-BF-4572-42-BF-9522-070-EC818-A390.jpg
this looks like the way to go 100%

CTSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
These license plate frames are true carbon fiber, ordered from Amazon at $23 each. They match the faux CF trim on the Type R quite well and could harmonize with other models in the right color as well.

Honda Civic 10th gen License plate frames; yes, no? What are you using? WP_20181201_007 (2)_LI

Honda Civic 10th gen License plate frames; yes, no? What are you using? WP_20181201_008 (2)_LI

inFamousKicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si Coupe Modern Steel, '11 BMW 135i
Country flag
Went with a generic Honda branded CF frame I got off eBay. Looks good. Obvi better than the dealer frame :puke:

oliviaiiii

First Name
Olivia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy, TT, Civic LX,
Country flag
I have this front license plate frame bumper. Saved me once already, young girl in brand new Jeep generate didnt check while backing up. I had no damage to the car, just the car alarm went off.

910t59LfNaL._SL1500_.jpg
Same!
Sponsored