Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi all,

Pretty noob here. I don't know what to call it, but it's that metal bar/lever you pull up to slide the seat forward and back. It is so loose that it comes off sometimes. I do see that the clip doesn't snap on like the driver's side. Any tips to fix this? I'm thinking I need to remove the seat and adjust some stuff. If I need to, what kind of tools should I get?

Sorry the car's kind of dirty.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lever For Passenger Seat Loose 20191025_210123
Sponsored

OP
OP

xichigox123

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would check the slide lever before removing the seat. Try to push it in
Front seat slide lever.JPG
Thanks for the reply. That's one of the first things I did. It doesn't snap in. It kinds of just latches on. I feel no resistance either.

OP
OP

xichigox123

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You have to ensure that it is in all the way. I checked mine and it's in way up to the bend of the lever.
Remove it completely and retry.
Good luck
Yup. I actually took the whole thing out. I even swapped the lever with the driver one
No issues. I think it's the clip not snapping in and locking it into place.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I can't tell what was swapped during your diagnostic procedure. But I'd take a shop vac, magnet, or camera and look for something foreign that may be preventing the thing from locking into place.

OP
OP

xichigox123

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't tell what was swapped during your diagnostic procedure. But I'd take a shop vac, magnet, or camera and look for something foreign that may be preventing the thing from locking into place.
I swapped the whole lever. I don't know what it's called, but the silver rail is kind of loose too (where you insert the black lever into). Don't know how to tighten that one. The whole sliding rail is clean--one of the first things I checked for. I will buy a driver set and maybe take it out to see because one side is good and the other side no.

OP
OP

xichigox123

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Reviving dead post. I finally sucked it up and did it today. All fixed now. Dealer tried to charge me like 150 USD diagnostic fee. I went ahead and bought some tools and tried to do it myself. The part that's circled in red is a whole bracket piece. So that got warped a little. I had to bend it back in place. But I had to take out the whole chair.
Honda Civic 10th gen Lever For Passenger Seat Loose Front seat slide lever.JPG
Sponsored