DealersChoice34
First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI , 2017 VW Jetta Se 1.4 TSI
Country flag
The P Zero Nero is an all season. Maybe you meant to say P Zero Nero GT, which is a summer tire?

Tire marketing is absurd. You'd think they would want to have easily disambiguated products.

They way I make selections is I choose the highest end/highest performing option every time. If I can't afford or justify the price, I decide what I will pay then find the highest performing option at my selected price point.

Why would you want to deliberately buy an inferior product?

Yes the GT. That is very true. So many slight variations. I search by category just to stricken all off seasons off my results page IoI

Xbbnx he meant that any summer tire is better then any all season. Not that all summer tires are equal.
Sponsored

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I disagree. I have the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on my Si and...

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ > Goodyear Eagle F1 Symmetric Summer tire.
This is certainly not true at all. I have the a/s 3+ tires on my Si currently, and before that I had the GY f1 summer tires that came on it.

While the f1's were not the best summer tire, they were definitely a lot more grippy than the a/s 3+ tires on the warm dry pavement.

The a/s 3+ tires break lose a lot easier in high speed cornering. I cannot push them nearly as hard as I could with the summer f1's. But thats to be expected from a summer tire vs an all season tire.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
This is certainly not true at all. I have the a/s 3+ tires on my Si currently, and before that I had the GY f1 summer tires that came on it.

While the f1's were not the best summer tire, they were definitely a lot more grippy than the a/s 3+ tires on the warm dry pavement.

The a/s 3+ tires break lose a lot easier in high speed cornering. I cannot push them nearly as hard as I could with the summer f1's. But thats to be expected from a summer tire vs an all season tire.
Hmm interesting, I said that based on reviews and ratings on tire rack. The Pilot Sport A/S 3+ is rated higher in grip and performance than anything not named an Ultra high performance summer tire including the GY F1s. They are that good, Michelin had a professional driver take it to the track back to back against the Michelin Pilot Super Sports and the pro driver said it performed about 90% as good at the limit as the Super Sports.

And P.S...
It is very hard for me to break these tires loose and I am tuned.

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Hmm interesting, I said that based on reviews and ratings on tire rack. The Pilot Sport A/S 3+ is rated higher in grip and performance than anything not named an Ultra high performance summer tire including the GY F1s. They are that good, Michelin had a professional driver take it to the track back to back against the Michelin Pilot Super Sports and the pro driver said it performed about 90% as good at the limit as the Super Sports.

And P.S...
It is very hard for me to break these tires loose and I am tuned.
I drive my Si hard regularly. I have driven on both of these tires extensively; 10k on the f1 summer tires and about 5k so far on the a/s 3+ tires.

Now, don't take this the wrong way, I am not saying the a/s 3+ tires are bad. They are actually really good for an all season tire--probably the best a/s tires I have driven on, but for dry, warm weather grip, they do not hold a candle to the f1's.
Sponsored