Let's Talk Spark Plugs

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only difference between these two part numbers is the gap. We spoke with NGK about this and they too laughed at the idea of two different part numbers. :dunno:

0.002" should not have caused a misfire unless you were running very high boost or if something else was off. NGK even recommends checking the plugs to ensure that the gaps are correct, as do we. It is possible that the gap(s) were incorrect out of the box. These plugs can be used interchangeable, so long as they are gapped to spec.
I am about to change the spark plugs on my car. Getting close to 70k with about 50k of tuned mileage. I bought my Ngk a while back ago and appears I got the si plugs NGK 95660. Guessing they didn’t have it properly stated on autozone which is Ngk 95112 for non si. (bought when it was buy one get other set half off) If I am reading this right the Ngk 95660 should still work on my car with the proper gap. I checked the two sets I have and they are all gapped to 028.5. I am guessing I can leave it at 028.5 since I am running +6 hondata base map tune.

Last edited:

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I am about to change the spark plugs on my car. Getting close to 70k with about 50k of tuned mileage. I bought my Ngk a while back ago and appears I got the si plugs NGK 95660. Guessing they didn’t have it properly stated on autozone which is Ngk 95112 for non si. (bought when it was buy one get other set half off) If I am reading this right the Ngk 95660 should still work on my car with the proper gap. I checked the two sets I have and they are all gapped to 28.5. I am guessing I can leave it at 28.5 since I am running +6 hondata base map tune.
I don't think they are compatible, I believe the specs are different I'll try and see if I can find my email with someone from TSP

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am about to change the spark plugs on my car. Getting close to 70k with about 50k of tuned mileage. I bought my Ngk a while back ago and appears I got the si plugs NGK 95660. Guessing they didn’t have it properly stated on autozone which is Ngk 95112 for non si. (bought when it was buy one get other set half off) If I am reading this right the Ngk 95660 should still work on my car with the proper gap. I checked the two sets I have and they are all gapped to 28.5. I am guessing I can leave it at 28.5 since I am running +6 hondata base map tune.
Couldn't find the email, but anyway I would highly suggest trying to find spec info on them bc I am pretty sure they aren't compatible.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Couldn't find the email, but anyway I would highly suggest trying to find spec info on them bc I am pretty sure they aren't compatible.
Thanks I’ll hold off on the install for now. I’m just going by what was stated on the first page that no difference besides gap. I could probably just sell the si plugs to a co worker at some loss as he has an si. But if these are fine that would be great. Bought them at least a year or two ago. Can’t return them unfortunately. If anyone knows if Ngk 95660 and 95112 are interchangeable if they are not this post should be corrected with proper information.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Actually you'll be fine. They are identical except for the smaller gap. And .028 should be a near perfect gap for the +6 tune.

The confusion might come from some guy early on in the thread who said you'd have issues installing Si plugs on a non-Si. He was quickly corrected. Maybe the smaller gap would be improper on a stock setup, but tuned it will work well.

95660 (from NGK website)

Honda Civic 10th gen Let's Talk Spark Plugs Screenshot_20210906-040458-01

95112 (from NGK website)

Honda Civic 10th gen Let's Talk Spark Plugs Screenshot_20210906-040523-01

As you can see, it's the same plug with a slightly different factory gap.

Last edited:

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks GTMan always Appreciate your info!
Just did the deed thanks to all who posted the information. Originals 95112 were gapped at 030 new 95660 that were installed are gapped at 028.5

tools
10 mm
14 mm thin wall and extension
possibly a magnet to take out the plug or a claw grabber.

Honda Civic 10th gen Let's Talk Spark Plugs 7ACCDCDB-79D8-49B4-85CB-D42B8D1AD02E

Last edited:

Ron21

First Name
Rom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Anyone knows if its okay to remove and re-gap then re-install the plugs back in again?

because I already install a new plugs few months ago and I just found this thread

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Anyone knows if its okay to remove and re-gap then re-install the plugs back in again?

because I already install a new plugs few months ago and I just found this thread
you can, but probably not recommended(especially depending if you're tuned) I would say if you already have the plugs out may as well as just replace them. But if you just installed new plugs why mess with it again? The only time i would do this if it was a lawn mower (and not referring about our civics haha...)

Fc2.santos

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I got a question so im on PRL dp/fp and prl intake street* and ktuner 19.5/23 psi tune and as of recently its been going to into safe mode really often do you guys think it could be the gap of the spark plugs ? Because whenever i put new ones on it works but only for like 15/30 days then it goes back to the same thing

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got a question so im on PRL dp/fp and prl intake street* and ktuner 19.5/23 psi tune and as of recently its been going to into safe mode really often do you guys think it could be the gap of the spark plugs ? Because whenever i put new ones on it works but only for like 15/30 days then it goes back to the same thing
I'm at 52k mi with the factory plugs. Is there a CEL or code thrown?
You may want to try an intake cleaner. About two years ago I was going into limp mode and getting over boost codes. I used some product that you hang and feed into the intake. Similar to seafoam, but it's pressurized. Most off it dribbled out of the intercooler, but what little made it into the turbo and manifold did the trick.

Regardless of speculation of what it could be, read for codes and let us know.

Fc2.santos

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I'm at 52k mi with the factory plugs. Is there a CEL or code thrown?
You may want to try an intake cleaner. About two years ago I was going into limp mode and getting over boost codes. I used some product that you hang and feed into the intake. Similar to seafoam, but it's pressurized. Most off it dribbled out of the intercooler, but what little made it into the turbo and manifold did the trick.

Regardless of speculation of what it could be, read for codes and let us know.
do you remember what its called and the only code i have is po420

AoiHono_Civic

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic sport coupe 2.0L
Country flag
What about Type R plugs or Si plugs in a non Si 1.5T?

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What about Type R plugs or Si plugs in a non Si 1.5T?
“The Honda factory spark plugs for the 1.5T Civic Non-Si are NGK 95112 Laser Iridium Spark Plug ILZKAR8H8S Heat Range 8 and NGK 95660 ILZKAR8J8SY Laser Iridium Spark Plug for the 1.5T Accord, Civic Si, CR-V, 2.0T Accord and RDX. The only differences between these two plugs are the gaps.”
Sponsored