Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
What about Type R plugs or Si plugs in a non Si 1.5T?
NGK 95112 / ILZKAR8H8S that is originally used for the non Si 1.5t is the same one used for the k20c1 FK8

NGK 95660 / ILZKAR8J8SY is for the Civic Si, Accord 1.5t, Accord 2.0t, RDX 2.0t

In that sense, if you are using OEM plugs on your non Si 1.5t then you are using OEM Type R plugs.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I mean essentially they're all the same plug with different gaps.

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2018 Sedan
Country flag
Just did the deed thanks to all who posted the information. Originals 95112 were gapped at 030 new 95660 that were installed are gapped at 028.5

tools
10 mm
14 mm thin wall and extension
possibly a magnet to take out the plug or a claw grabber.

7ACCDCDB-79D8-49B4-85CB-D42B8D1AD02E.jpeg
You can use the ignition coil to pull out the spark plugs and put them back in safely. Just when you put back in the spark plugs hand tight using the ignition coil a few times and the spark plug will sit in place.

METALxSLUG

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PMM Civic Sport hatchback
Country flag
Bumping this thread to ask my fellow CIVICX brethren a question without creating a whole new thread. For those who have purchased plugs online, where have you purchased and what was the price point? I currently have seen most online options are out of stock. Rock Auto has them for only $10 a plug, this seems to good to be true. Also RA isnā€™t a certified NGK dealer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bumping this thread to ask my fellow CIVICX brethren a question without creating a whole new thread. For those who have purchased plugs online, where have you purchased and what was the price point? I currently have seen most online options are out of stock. Rock Auto has them for only $10 a plug, this seems to good to be true. Also RA isnā€™t a certified NGK dealer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I got my latest set from Rock Auto. No issues. Probably 4 months or so ago. Have not had issues with anything Iā€™ve purchased from Rock Auto. I thought same as you, seemed too low of a price, but legit NGK plugs. I inspected them pretty good for that reason šŸ˜‚

METALxSLUG

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PMM Civic Sport hatchback
Country flag
I got my latest set from Rock Auto. No issues. Probably 4 months or so ago. Have not had issues with anything Iā€™ve purchased from Rock Auto. I thought same as you, seemed too low of a price, but legit NGK plugs. I inspected them pretty good for that reason šŸ˜‚
Thank you for your input, i know several members have purchased from RA but for other items
Sponsored