First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 T-Bird, 78 Cougar, 84 Bronco, 85 F150 17 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am trying to do thorough homework before I install this W2 turbo that I bought. I daily my Si, I don't want to grenade the block, Will I have any major issues? I don't drive my cars like I stole them so I feel like I wont have much issue with a solid tune.. I just am looking for some info / reassurance..
I have a decent list of mods already done to the car.

27WON TiP
PRL Race CAI
Ruthenium Plugs
SS Clutch Line
PRL V2 Catted DP/FP
Solid Rear Engine Mount
New Fuel injectors OEM
PRL Intercooler and Charge Pipes.

I know for sure that I will be putting a clutch in this very soon lol. I want to go with the Rv6 Type R Retrofit. and I might modify my master cylinder / slave cylinder later on.

Also, who else had the W2? Comments or concerns? What mods did you do?
Sponsored

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Following!

I was looking at the W2 or the RV6 R365 turbo. Still need to do a clutch. Already have SS line and modded CMC, but not installing until I get the clutch. Trying to get 300-320whp. Will eventually upgrade fuel system but that wont happen for some time. Hope someone can chime in on this soon!

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
15k-ish on my rv6 turbo 60k on motor

No major issues yet

I do have a check engine light for code p0303 thinking it might be my injector but Im pretty sure pumping ethonal for 30k+ miles is the reason why it messed up haha

Can’t speak for the trans I blew my trans and upgraded to PPG when I was on my stock turbo. I’ve heard and seen a lot of people on stock blocks and trans running the prl kits

it all falls down to driving style and tune imo

OP
OP
TonyTheTiger57

TonyTheTiger57

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 T-Bird, 78 Cougar, 84 Bronco, 85 F150 17 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I figured there would have been more replies

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Just do a 93 tune with the w2 and youll be good on blowing ur motor you should get up to 300hp on 93

Last edited:

cmunoz1795

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
You’ll be fine. I’ve been running w2 with a somewhat similar setup on 93 and flex fuel tune. As someone said, depends on your driving habits and how hard you push it. Just daily driving and maybe some spirited driving will be fine.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just found this thread. :popcorn:

The W2 looks amazing, but I have an idea here, and I'd love everyone's input: Because I plan on keeping the car until I have to smog it again, but the W2 is, obviously, not smog-legal, is it possible to remove the turbo and the downpipe as a single unit?

In other words, can I remove the OEM turbo+downpipe as a unit, and swap in the 27won W2+downpipe? Both would simply attach to the 27won frontpipe (anything past the cat is irrelevant for smog).

Lastly, I figure a custom tune would be necessary to utilize the full capabilities of the W2, but can it be a drop-in to be used with an OTS Ktuner or TSP Stage 1 tune?

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

The W2 looks amazing, but I have an idea here, and I'd love everyone's input: Because I plan on keeping the car until I have to smog it again, but the W2 is, obviously, not smog-legal, is it possible to remove the turbo and the downpipe as a single unit?

In other words, can I remove the OEM turbo+downpipe as a unit, and swap in the 27won W2+downpipe? Both would simply attach to the 27won frontpipe (anything past the cat is irrelevant for smog).

Lastly, I figure a custom tune would be necessary to utilize the full capabilities of the W2, but can it be a drop-in to be used with an OTS Ktuner or TSP Stage 1 tune?
Would not be good to use the tsp off the shelf tune. Ktuner comes with a generic W1 starter tune but not sure about w2. From what I've heard the starter tune is very basic and not going to get the most power. Custom tune would be ideal.

cmunoz1795

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag

I’ve emailed 27won, they stated you can run the generic w1 tune, but it’s just so you can get to the tune shop and get a custom tune,. Also, I don’t think you could remove it as one unit, just because one of the nuts/bolts is near impossible to remove without removing the downpipe.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would not be good to use the tsp off the shelf tune. Ktuner comes with a generic W1 starter tune but not sure about w2. From what I've heard the starter tune is very basic and not going to get the most power. Custom tune would be ideal.
I’ve emailed 27won, they stated you can run the generic w1 tune, but it’s just so you can get to the tune shop and get a custom tune,. Also, I don’t think you could remove it as one unit, just because one of the nuts/bolts is near impossible to remove without removing the downpipe.
Okay, thanks, doods!

Well, shucks! I just know I’ll probably break that stupid turbo stud, as that seems to be the cool thing to do. Besides, I’d hate to have to go through the pain every two years for smog after 2026.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Okay, thanks, doods!

Well, shucks! I just know I’ll probably break that stupid turbo stud, as that seems to be the cool thing to do. Besides, I’d hate to have to go through the pain every two years for smog after 2026.
Get the titanium studs, they come apart like butter every time.

cmunoz1795

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
Okay, thanks, doods!

The downpipe is the issue when it comes to smog. It’s a hit or miss if it throws a code. I heard full race catted downpipe doesn’t throw a code. But I’m still trying to find a solution.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag