STina

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
First post on this forum. The reason I discovered it, was searching for roof rack options back when I was looking at buying the type R.

Here’s my FK8 with racks mainly used for my paddle board but just generally useful for anything.

Honda Civic 10th gen Let's see dem racks 0B196500-2A7B-4C8A-9AB9-3A9D046AD908

Honda Civic 10th gen Let's see dem racks E377D0E6-3739-4ECF-BAAB-8F0FEE0DCA8E

RufflesSCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
I just got a set of Rhino Rack Vortex 2500 bars. Do any of you lay down paint protection film where the feet and brackets sit for your rack set up??

STina

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I just got a set of Rhino Rack Vortex 2500 bars. Do any of you lay down paint protection film where the feet and brackets sit for your rack set up??
Yeah I had my detailing mate put some down.

Strick

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 Mazda 3
Country flag
Did you use anything special for the tie downs under your hood for the canoe? Trying to see how you did that
Here are a couple of photos. The straps tuck in when not in use. You can buy these straps (1" Nylon) from Roof Rack suppliers, but my wife made these, note the red stitching. The hole already exists, hardware was 1/4" stainless.

Honda Civic 10th gen Let's see dem racks IMG_6910.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Let's see dem racks IMG_6911.JPG

JBWOOD97

First Name
Johnathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Here are a couple of photos. The straps tuck in when not in use. You can buy these straps (1" Nylon) from Roof Rack suppliers, but my wife made these, note the red stitching. The hole already exists, hardware was 1/4" stainless.

IMG_6910.JPG

IMG_6911.JPG
Thanks for that very helpful

D4nnyM

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have my Thule on it works great for being more than 17 years old. Solid as can be.
1600218596926.png

1600218627963.png
How do you like that bike rack style mount.? I have a session 7 which is a very heavy downhill mountain bike and I want to put a roof rack on my SI but I’m not quite sure what style mount to use what keeps that from toppling over

Deleted member 40377

@D4nnyM
The wheels on my bike sit in a rail and there is a center support that grips the frame and keeps it upright. It is quite strong. Even at highway speeds, it is stable. There is a variant that allows you to disconnect the front wheel and mounts the forks onto the rack, That is super stable. I went the simpler route for ease of putting it on and off.

Some may say that having to lift the bike on/off is a pain, but I don't have a problem as the bike is light. Maybe in my old age it would be a problem but not for now. I find this is the best way to keep a stable mount with minimal touches to the painted surfaces.
Sponsored