2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
got the yakima round bars w a haul master roof basket
A8F9AF56-8E79-499C-87EC-F7954561A601.jpeg
FFB8E54C-CF3B-4C73-AC7F-82C7571D89EB.jpeg
okay what is your gas mileage like with that one? I'm assuming the rounded bars are better for aerodynamics? it's also smaller than the one I have.

I have a big bulky square bar metal one from years ago. I bought it for a pilot and I didn't care about gas mileage with that one.

I just can't justify getting like 27 MPG highway when I was getting closer to 37.

picture attached for reference. It now has 3 led lights on it for offroading. Yes, I do take this thing mudding.

Honda Civic 10th gen Let's see dem racks civic
Sponsored

Last edited:

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Inno Racks roof rack system and Inno racks roof rack diffuser. These come with a lock and key on each contact point, i cut down all the bars for the end caps to sit flush ( no more banging your head) and removed the middle bracket on the diffuser so i can grab the bar as i drive, also added felt pads under diffuser contact points to roof.
Honda Civic 10th gen Let's see dem racks 2B695B88-F375-4EF1-BF70-E97D20A8EF83
Honda Civic 10th gen Let's see dem racks 5250E4FA-77B0-4BC4-819E-2CB71E301451

calebtcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 civic lx , ā€˜86 ae86 sr5
Country flag
okay what is your gas mileage like with that one? I'm assuming the rounded bars are better for aerodynamics? it's also smaller than the one I have.

I have a big bulky square bar metal one from years ago. I bought it for a pilot and I didn't care about gas mileage with that one.

I just can't justify getting like 27 MPG highway when I was getting closer to 37.

picture attached for reference. It now has 3 led lights on it for offroading. Yes, I do take this thing mudding.

civic.jpg
nice putting that car to good use lol, but tbh with you i canā€™t really say much ab mpg. i be getting 26 mpg but only bc i only go to work which is 5 mins away.

however, wo the roof basket and hwy traveling, i was getting 36 mpg. i got the roof basket not too long ago so iā€™m still experimenting w it.

the round bars are pretty quiet w the wind fairing, but i feel the aero bars would be the better choice for aerodynamics. the roof basket got lots of wind noise, even w the wind fairing that came w it. hope this helps

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
nice putting that car to good use lol, but tbh with you i canā€™t really say much ab mpg. i be getting 26 mpg but only bc i only go to work which is 5 mins away.

however, wo the roof basket and hwy traveling, i was getting 36 mpg. i got the roof basket not too long ago so iā€™m still experimenting w it.

the round bars are pretty quiet w the wind fairing, but i feel the aero bars would be the better choice for aerodynamics. the roof basket got lots of wind noise, even w the wind fairing that came w it. hope this helps
Well after removing the roof basket and leaving the cross bars, my mileage reset tells me I am 11 mpg better than with it on. My commute is about 50 minutes to an hour, so scientific test complete lol.

Definitely leaving it off until I need the basket again. Makes me sad but I commute too much to justify the loss in mileage.

JVel

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT Sedan
Country flag
Thule box, rack, and wind fairing. Got a killer deal off fb marketplace. Guy only used it twice before I bought it.
Honda Civic 10th gen Let's see dem racks 6B03C36E-CA00-4B6A-B0FA-7C5A9B467399

Bonus pic:
Honda Civic 10th gen Let's see dem racks C58EBC7A-E302-49EE-9B4E-D6598C229788