ChampwhiteFK8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
I'm in San Diego also and I don't think that's true, at least near here. I've called pretty much every Honda dealership in SD and they're able to sell their cars with ADM, so they're going to continue to do so.

The best deal I've seen within a reasonable distance (I say this because if you drive 3 hours, they still might bait and switch you) was MSRP for a black 2017 and MSRP for a gray one with 300 miles in Riverside somewhere.

Good luck on your hunt!
I believe I saw someone saying Rock Honda little ways north is selling the 2017's at MSRP. On another note, what would be a way to prevent a dealer to do the good old bite and switch method? Specially if you're flying out to the dealership?
Sponsored

scoobysnack

First Name
no
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 Volvo C30, 2009 Infiniti G37
Country flag
I believe I saw someone saying Rock Honda little ways north is selling the 2017's at MSRP. On another note, what would be a way to prevent a dealer to do the good old bite and switch method? Specially if you're flying out to the dealership?
At a minimum you want to get the pricing in writing in an email. If you want to go the extra mile type up a really quick and dirty sales contract that basically lists the parties involved, the agreed upon out the door price and then two signature lines, one for you one for them. But they might be afraid of executing something like that.

I had to drive 1hr45min for mine so I was worried about the same thing. I had the "internet sales director" email me a breakdown of the final numbers along with confirmation that I could purchase it at that price if I showed up today. I even asked for his cell phone # and then texted him when we were en route. I also asked him to prep the paperwork so that I could sign and get out in a hurry. Worked for me.

TypeHarv116

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Civic EX, Type R #116
I'm in San Diego also and I don't think that's true, at least near here. I've called pretty much every Honda dealership in SD and they're able to sell their cars with ADM, so they're going to continue to do so.

The best deal I've seen within a reasonable distance (I say this because if you drive 3 hours, they still might bait and switch you) was MSRP for a black 2017 and MSRP for a gray one with 300 miles in Riverside somewhere.

Good luck on your hunt!
Did you check the dealer I mentioned? I don't think they have the CBP anymore though...

TypeHarv116

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Civic EX, Type R #116
I tried Rock but they only quoted me 5k over for the 2018. No mention of 2017.
Damn that means it probably sold, but on the bright side there are more and more cases of this coming down. Good luck on your search!
I tried Rock but they only quoted me 5k over for the 2018. No mention of 2017.

Nortdort

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW Golf R, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Damn that means it probably sold, but on the bright side there are more and more cases of this coming down. Good luck on your search!
Yeah, It happens! I’m in contact with probably 15 dealerships up and down CA and a few auto brokers. Im confident something will happen in the next 4 months before I have to turn in my Golf R! And if not well, there is always the STI or another Golf R hahah. At this point it’s just a matter of principle.

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
Did you check the dealer I mentioned? I don't think they have the CBP anymore though...
Nope. I'm looking for white or gray. I have a lead on one gray car coming in though. He says I have first refusal, so fingers crossed.

Thanks!

OP
OP
S2k_Dude

S2k_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
Lots of discussion but only a few deals posted. Anyone willing to share info, please add your sales information to the spreadsheet.

OP
OP
S2k_Dude

S2k_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
I know of a Agean Blue Pearl that sold at the dealership near me for $1,100 over MSRP +$600 doc fees.

whymi

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 si, 17 type r
Country flag
i cant find the contract right now so i didnt bother filling out the spreadsheet. total loan amount was a little more than $43k. they were asking $45k for the car. addeddealer accesories were wheel locks and some kind of theft barcodes on the panels. oh and i also got the extended warranty for $1500. i traded in a MY 2013 si that had a cracked windshield, dented trunk lid, and a pretty badly scratched up rear bumper cover( damn that big wing). it had a few passwordJDM carbon pieces, but i think they docked me a little cuz of those. and i still owed 10k on it. orginally the were only going to give me 1$11k for trade in. i told them that i was only going to buy the car if i could keep my payments about the same. the sales manager and head of financing sayed "big boss wont budge on mark-up. after some thime negotiating, they gave me $18k for my trade in(again a damaged car). so in the end, i think i got the thing for near MSRP. Hopkins Honda in fairfield CA on Aug 26

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went to brown's Honda in Glen Burnie. They had it listed on autotrader for 44k, lol. I walked in there and told them I wouldn't pay more than 2k above MSRP. So I walked out paying 36k for my 2017 CTR (so I guess techincally that's like 2, 100 over MSRP).

Purchase Date: 30 Dec 2017
Color: PMM
Actual Purchase Price: $36,400
Trade-in (Y/N): N
Out of state purchase (Y/N):N
Dealer Doc Fees: Can't remember, look later
Cost of accessories: 0
Total Purchase Price: $38K after taxes, title/fees
Location (State): Maryland
Dealer Name: Brown's Honda

OP
OP
S2k_Dude

S2k_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
i cant find the contract right now so i didnt bother filling out the spreadsheet. total loan amount was a little more than $43k. they were asking $45k for the car. addeddealer accesories were wheel locks and some kind of theft barcodes on the panels. oh and i also got the extended warranty for $1500. i traded in a MY 2013 si that had a cracked windshield, dented trunk lid, and a pretty badly scratched up rear bumper cover( damn that big wing). it had a few passwordJDM carbon pieces, but i think they docked me a little cuz of those. and i still owed 10k on it. orginally the were only going to give me 1$11k for trade in. i told them that i was only going to buy the car if i could keep my payments about the same. the sales manager and head of financing sayed "big boss wont budge on mark-up. after some thime negotiating, they gave me $18k for my trade in(again a damaged car). so in the end, i think i got the thing for near MSRP. Hopkins Honda in fairfield CA on Aug 26
In order for your info to be useful, all you need to post is:
1) Purchase Price of the Car
2) If the deal involved a trade (which you did post that part)
3) Dealer Doc Fees
4) Location and Dealer Name

Congrats on your purchase!

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In order for your info to be useful, all you need to post is:
1) Purchase Price of the Car
2) If the deal involved a trade (which you did post that part)
3) Dealer Doc Fees
4) Location and Dealer Name

Congrats on your purchase!
Ah, you must have replied before my edit, lol...I went to the first page and noticed what info you needed. I'll provide the rest later after work