Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
Blog post about pad compounds is on our site. I've tried to gather a digestible amount of info about over 40 different compound options that you are likely to see at the track. Give it a read, thanks!

Blog Post
Nice post and well worth reading. I agree about wanting a mu stagger with good tires on a front wheel drive car. I change my pads at the track and have used Hawk DTC 30 rear pads for track use on my FK8 and although they are a bit too grabby when cold, they do better when warm (and the mu drops a bit). OTOH, I have no idea of how hot the rear brakes get so don't really know what the ideal temp for a rear pad is. The old Hawk Black pad looks like it has a more steady mu than the DTC 30 but somewhat lower overall heat range and I am not sure they make them for the FK8.

Yes the Raybestos ST43 is a great pad but I have no idea where to get them.
Sponsored

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Nice post and well worth reading. I agree about wanting a mu stagger with good tires on a front wheel drive car. I change my pads at the track and have used Hawk DTC 30 rear pads for track use on my FK8 and although they are a bit too grabby when cold, they do better when warm (and the mu drops a bit). OTOH, I have no idea of how hot the rear brakes get so don't really know what the ideal temp for a rear pad is. The old Hawk Black pad looks like it has a more steady mu than the DTC 30 but somewhat lower overall heat range and I am not sure they make them for the FK8.

Yes the Raybestos ST43 is a great pad but I have no idea where to get them.
What pads are you running up front? I've not heard of anyone getting Raybestos ST pads in stock for a few months now :(

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Blog post about pad compounds is on our site. I've tried to gather a digestible amount of info about over 40 different compound options that you are likely to see at the track. Give it a read, thanks!

Blog Post
Project Mu Club Racer would be in Group 2, right? Wondering what they compare to. Maybe W5 or W7?

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Project Mu Club Racer would be in Group 2, right? Wondering what they compare to. Maybe W5 or W7?
Good question. I've heard of their club racer compound but forgot to look for it. I'll go see what I can find and add it to the blog!

kelvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CBP CTR
Country flag
OTOH, I have no idea of how hot the rear brakes get so don't really know what the ideal temp for a rear pad is.
I used this brake temperature paint on my front Paragon rotors to determine they saw at least 800 degC. Very easy to apply. I didn’t think to do the rears but will probably do before next track day whenever that is…

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
What pads are you running up front? I've not heard of anyone getting Raybestos ST pads in stock for a few months now :(
I am using Winmax/Paragon R5s in front. None of the tracks I use have more than 1 really long braking zone from high speed per lap. Also using titanium shields and Castrol SRF.

Burt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic LX, 1992 Mazda Miata
Country flag
I'm guessing Mid-Ohio isn't as hard on brakes in general compared to NCM, but I had good results from the switch to Paragon rotor rings and RB silicone dust boots. All of the boots survived the heat unscathed (I did manage to stupidly damage two changing back to street pads :nono:) and the DTC 60s all averaged around 5mm of material remaining, the most severely worn/tapered pad still had 4mm material left. My next planned event is at Summit Point, which will by my first event there, so I'd say I'll be able to make these pads last for at least one day of that event. 3 days is still 50% longer life than the 2 daysI got out of the last set of pads.

Honda Civic 10th gen Let’s Talk Brake Upgrades for Track Use 20230531_213353

Honda Civic 10th gen Let’s Talk Brake Upgrades for Track Use 20230531_214239