snyperwolf62

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX w/Honda Sensing
Country flag
Not only this, but we left an Air Wick plug in underneath one of our tables and it destroyed the vinyl underneath the tabletop.

I thought it would be fine to rest a temporary air freshener against the vent for a couple days and then this happened ?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I left an Acuity double cup air freshener on my side table in my living room. Peeled it up a couple weeks later and it turned the finish on the wood to goop.

RGBee

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
3_db25c68a-2c02-4a23-b3e5-ec4a3f44eb9c_480x480.jpg

Time to get a KTuner to cover it up :thumbsup:
What mounts are you using for the ktuner? Also how is your cable routed?

I had mine velcro'd onto the plastic panel under the vent to the left of the wheel. Started warming up in MA and the velcro glue just up and melted the whole setup onto the floor.

Was fun wiping off the glue ?

HustedDrums

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Ahh, maybe some of the oils leaked on it and it messed with the finish. That's why I prefer to use spray air fresheners. They last longer too. Or use something that hangs from the rearview like those trees.

lhobbs

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
What mounts are you using for the ktuner? Also how is your cable routed?

I had mine velcro'd onto the plastic panel under the vent to the left of the wheel. Started warming up in MA and the velcro glue just up and melted the whole setup onto the floor.

Was fun wiping off the glue ?
The photo and mount are both from TSP, here's the link to buy one. I'm super happy with it. It'd be nice if it could pivot left/right, but not a big deal to me.

My cable isn't routed as clean as the photo though. I ran it down the right side of the head unit and then back to the left through the open center console area down below. I think you'd have to bend the cable at the connector pretty hard to route it like the photo (immediately to the left) since it's not a right angle connector.

gimpy9195

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ST
Country flag
fell asleep in my car with the seat leaned back. 'leather' headrest looked like it had some of my pomade/sweat on it so I started to wipe.. took the clear? right off.... left a hole, exposed leather?

new headrest $80.

I'm sorry it was your hazard switch. I am fond of that location for my cellphone.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
fell asleep in my car with the seat leaned back. 'leather' headrest looked like it had some of my pomade/sweat on it so I started to wipe.. took the clear? right off.... left a hole, exposed leather?

new headrest $80.
What the heck is in your hair product? Yikes.

gimpy9195

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ST
Country flag
always had it.. never had a problem. must have been the heat. JS Sloane Pomade. Can't say it was my finest hour, I just needed to take a break and didn't have any furniture in the house.

<forrestgumpsmileytshirtgif>

OP
OP
snyperwolf62

snyperwolf62

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX w/Honda Sensing
Country flag
Ahh, maybe some of the oils leaked on it and it messed with the finish. That's why I prefer to use spray air fresheners. They last longer too. Or use something that hangs from the rearview like those trees.
It actually was the same kind of air freshener as the little trees that hang from the mirror, but it was a little circle shaped one I got for free from a car wash and I didn't feel like hanging it up lol that's why I was so surprised that this happened. Only took 1 day smh.

Miggytronz

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I would highly recommend Chemical Guys air freshener sprays. They dont last that long but i like the mitigated the use. I just keep a bottle in my trunk, hit it with a spritz every once and a while.

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Not only this, but we left an Air Wick plug in underneath one of our tables and it destroyed the vinyl underneath the tabletop.

I thought it would be fine to rest a temporary air freshener against the vent for a couple days and then this happened ?
I left an Acuity double cup air freshener on my side table in my living room. Peeled it up a couple weeks later and it turned the finish on the wood to goop.
Worth noting: air fresheners are primarily paper, alcohol, and essential oils. The alcohol is the carrier for the essential oil (very similar to how perfumes are made, etc). Of course alcohol is not friendly with many finishes, so it's definitely best to avoid leaving them laying on anything you'd want to avoid damaging. Eventually, when an air freshener has had its oils and alcohol evaporate, it's much less risky to lay it on surfaces.

~Russ