802SI

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So I just changed my rear brakes and now my parking brake doesn’t hold the left rear wheel hard enough my right side is works just fine. The attached Photo is the codes that are showing.

C1110-96
C1110-13
C1110-11

These are the codes it throws. I think I might have broken the wiring harness as I’ve heard they break so damn easy but I want to ask what yall think! Thanks

Just an update. It’s was indeed the wiring harness the dealership replaced it and now everything works great
Honda Civic 10th gen Left parking brake malfunctioning 75A333E9-3FA0-47B4-847A-0B62490AAEFB
Sponsored

Last edited:

logan5

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Did you put the parking brake into maintenance mode before you started the brake pad job?

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I just changed my rear brakes and now my parking brake doesn’t hold the left rear wheel hard enough my right side is works just fine. The attached Photo is the codes that are showing.

C1110-96
C1110-13
C1110-11

These are the codes it throws. I think I might have broken the wiring harness as I’ve heard they break so damn easy but I want to ask what yall think! Thanks

75A333E9-3FA0-47B4-847A-0B62490AAEFB.jpeg

Did you unplug the harness from the caliper when changing the pads/rotors?

Assuming you unplugged the harness, its possible a connection came dislodged in the pigtail, check if that's the case with the pins inside the connection. The only reason I state this is because the first time I did the service, the ground wire from the pigtail came undone and damaged the connection, had to strip the wire and make a new ground and reconnect to the pigtail.

Just a quick tip (and something I learned on the second change), you don't need to unplug the caliper to change out the rotors/pads assuming you have a scan tool to put the EPB in maintenance mode, just make sure theres enough space or a place to mount the caliper safely out of the way and not tugging on the harness or brake line.

logan5

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You have to have a special tool to change brake pads?...
You have to either put the brakes in maintenance mode using a scan tool (it fully retracts the brakes) or you can remove the brake actuator unit from the caliper (you then can release the brake with a torx).

logan5

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What type of scan tool does this?
I'm not sure of brands. But I believe you have to spend around $500 to get one with maintenance features. I could certainly be wrong. I haven't done much research. However... I found this while searching...

There are two ways to put the system into maintenance mode so you can do a brake job. One is to put the unit into maintenance mode with a scan tool. The other is to use the manual mode which involves doing this hokey-pokey dance within 30-seconds

1. Release the parking brake and hold down the brake pedal. While holding down the brake pedal, press and hold the VSA OFF switch. When the VSA OFF indicator turns on, press and hold the VSA OFF switch again until the VSA OFF indicator goes off.
  2. Release the brake pedal and apply the parking brake. While the brake pedal is released, press and hold the VSA OFF switch. When the VSA OFF indicator turns on, press and hold the VSA OFF switch again until the VSA OFF indicator goes off.
  3. Hold down the brake pedal while applying the parking brake. Press and hold the VSA OFF switch while both brakes are applied. When the VSA OFF indicator turns on, press and hold the VSA OFF switch again until the VSA OFF indicator flashes and the VSA indicator turns on.
It was for an HR-V so I'm not sure whether this, or some other combination works on the 10th gen Civics.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not sure of brands. But I believe you have to spend around $500 to get one with maintenance features. I could certainly be wrong. I haven't done much research. However... I found this while searching...

There are two ways to put the system into maintenance mode so you can do a brake job. One is to put the unit into maintenance mode with a scan tool. The other is to use the manual mode which involves doing this hokey-pokey dance within 30-seconds

1. Release the parking brake and hold down the brake pedal. While holding down the brake pedal, press and hold the VSA OFF switch. When the VSA OFF indicator turns on, press and hold the VSA OFF switch again until the VSA OFF indicator goes off.
  2. Release the brake pedal and apply the parking brake. While the brake pedal is released, press and hold the VSA OFF switch. When the VSA OFF indicator turns on, press and hold the VSA OFF switch again until the VSA OFF indicator goes off.
  3. Hold down the brake pedal while applying the parking brake. Press and hold the VSA OFF switch while both brakes are applied. When the VSA OFF indicator turns on, press and hold the VSA OFF switch again until the VSA OFF indicator flashes and the VSA indicator turns on.
It was for an HR-V so I'm not sure whether this, or some other combination works on the 10th gen Civics.

This is the one i use for my 2019 si:

Autel MaxiAP AP200 Obd2 Scanner Bluetooth Auto OBDII Diagnostic Scan Tool for ios & Android, Full System Car Check Engine Light Code Reader with 25 Service Functions https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QD4GZW...abc_CH93R16ZR9PHYCD986S0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Honda Civic 10th gen Left parking brake malfunctioning Screenshot_20211121-141935_Autel MaxiAP200

OP
OP
802SI

802SI

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The issue was that the worm gear in the caliper was damaged I guess and the harness was shorted out. I’ve bought a scan tool to do this properly now since I refuse to go the dealership for BRAKES lmfao
Sponsored