First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to see if anyone has got a 2019 left over Type R. I spoke with a dealer pre covid-19 in february and they were willing to do 36,500 or something like that. Now that the 2020’s are out is anyone getting them around 33k or so? Maybe better? I see used ones with under 5k miles around 30-35k. However I thought there might be more incentive for the dealers to move them. Let me know if you got a good deal. I have at least 19 R’s within 50 miles of me.
Sponsored

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Invoice is 34k. Try for that first, then see if you can shave off some extra dollars considering that we are in June and 2020's are hitting lots. Dealers will still be stingy with prices, so how much you're willing to wait them out and shop around will affect how much you save off MSRP.

OP
OP
Bonderd

Bonderd

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Invoice is 34k. Try for that first, then see if you can shave off some extra dollars considering that we are in June and 2020's are hitting lots. Dealers will still be stingy with prices, so how much you're willing to wait them out and shop around will affect how much you save off MSRP.
Thank you! Probably worth the extra 3k for a 2020 now regardless. Think I will hold on to my Si for now. Thanks for info

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Before I bought my Si about 3 weeks ago, I wanted to see if any dealer around here in SoCal would give let go of a 2019 CTR under MSRP (as the 2020s would be coming in soon). Surprisingly, I was quoted on average 8k above MSRP still.

One dealer called me a couple of days ago telling me that they can lower it to MSRP for but it was too late. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kirbwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet Van
Country flag
I am able to get a 2019 CTR for MSRP and possibly a bit under. The dealer has a 2020 as well and they are asking around $2k over MSRP for it. Is the 2020 worth that much more or should I take the cheaper deal on the 2019?

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si