OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So what, just because you guys don’t have issues means that you can bag on me since I have problems? And I thought this community was better than Reddit...

I had all sorts of physical problems growing up that made all sorts of things difficult. Really, I’m glad you all apparently were blessed with better genetics but I wasn’t so lucky.

To the people who actually have contributed to this thread with actual suggestions - thank you, it has moved me closer to finding a solution. The back pillow seems to be helping a decent amount, to where I get out of the car and don’t have ridiculous pain. (Side note, it does shift pain a bit more towards the neck as if that doesn’t have enough support either) Interestingly enough, my dad rode with me in the passenger seat yesterday and complained that his back was aching. Since he was in the military for 15 years and generally is more physically active than me I guess he should exercise some more, huh?

Regardless, I get seen tomorrow morning so I can actually move toward putting this issue to bed soon after hopefully.
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
BINGO...this dude is a pre madonna......
you might have missed the joke that he was laughing at.

So what, just because you guys don’t have issues means that you can bag on me since I have problems? And I thought this community was better than Reddit...

I had all sorts of physical problems growing up that made all sorts of things difficult. Really, I’m glad you all apparently were blessed with better genetics but I wasn’t so lucky.

To the people who actually have contributed to this thread with actual suggestions - thank you, it has moved me closer to finding a solution. The back pillow seems to be helping a decent amount, to where I get out of the car and don’t have ridiculous pain. (Side note, it does shift pain a bit more towards the neck as if that doesn’t have enough support either) Interestingly enough, my dad rode with me in the passenger seat yesterday and complained that his back was aching. Since he was in the military for 15 years and generally is more physically active than me I guess he should exercise some more, huh?

Regardless, I get seen tomorrow morning so I can actually move toward putting this issue to bed soon after hopefully.
it's the internet. It's best to ignore people like this.

hopefully it's nothing serious.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
I am glad you are getting in to a medical professional. All these various pains are not normal for most who drive theses cars. Keep us updated.

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good news is that the pain is caused by the flat feet. Basically as I suspected since I am using my left feet more in a manual vehicle the added pressure is what is driving the pain. The back pain is a direct result of the foot pain because of the increased probation when using my feet. She recommended I get custom made orthotics to help and it should be fine.

She mentioned that until the orthotics are broken in I could have some “growing pains” but I should be fine afterwards. She also said that my joints are healthy but in the future if no corrective actions are taken then I could be at risk for arthritis or other joint related diseases.

So fingers crossed, won’t be for a few weeks until I get them in anyways.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good news is that the pain is caused by the flat feet. Basically as I suspected since I am using my left feet more in a manual vehicle the added pressure is what is driving the pain. The back pain is a direct result of the foot pain because of the increased probation when using my feet. She recommended I get custom made orthotics to help and it should be fine.

She mentioned that until the orthotics are broken in I could have some “growing pains” but I should be fine afterwards. She also said that my joints are healthy but in the future if no corrective actions are taken then I could be at risk for arthritis or other joint related diseases.

So fingers crossed, won’t be for a few weeks until I get them in anyways.

Odd I have flat feet in stop and go traffic and do not have this issue at all.....

I hope it helps you to be honest.

CTRFK8

First Name
Sauce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Thats good news but u should find a way to gain some mass on the thin frame with exercising.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Odd I have flat feet in stop and go traffic and do not have this issue at all.....

I hope it helps you to be honest.
If the flat feet are able to force you to use the clutch pedal in an odd incorrect way, it could have you pull or strain a muscle which would cause what happened to OP. Basically if you have to readjust how you should be driving to drive the car, you risk an injury. It's like using your back to do a deadlift, even with a very light weight, you can still pull your back doing it.

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If the flat feet are able to force you to use the clutch pedal in an odd incorrect way, it could have you pull or strain a muscle which would cause what happened to OP. Basically if you have to readjust how you should be driving to drive the car, you risk an injury. It's like using your back to do a deadlift, even with a very light weight, you can still pull your back doing it.
Basically this. Because my feet are freakishly large, I have more trouble than others when it comes to fitting my shoes under there based on my seating position. So I adjust to compensate and basically since I haven't had insoles of any kind it was sort of a progressive thing building up.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

A flat foot is a flat foot..... There's not much that alters how you press the pedal....

Flat Feet can affect all sorts of aspects of our body.... however, muscle can compensate for that... My legs are pretty beefy though... I don't skip leg day...

Edit: while I do not have "freakishly" large feet, I am a size 13.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If a vehicle is causing me physical pain, then that vehicle would be gone as fast as possible or not even bought in the first place. From the OP’s other posts he’s also having some financial pain from this vehicle. All signs point to getting rid of this car, 100%, no need to suffer, car ain’t worth it.

martindtjr

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
TYPE R 19, Sienna XLE15, Xa 06, Camry 92
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do they have a Good Feet store near you? Thay work for me.

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do they have a Good Feet store near you? Thay work for me.
Never heard of it, but I’ve had less pain (but not no pain ) driving the car the entire week which is a good sign. I DO notice more pain if I drive in sport mode the entire way versus comfort mode...

Biggest fail of this car: preset driving modes. Come on Honda, even Hyundai lets you mix and match suspension steering and throttle response. I just want comfort suspension with sport steering and throttle response.

DA1286

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Never heard of it, but I’ve had less pain (but not no pain ) driving the car the entire week which is a good sign. I DO notice more pain if I drive in sport mode the entire way versus comfort mode...

Biggest fail of this car: preset driving modes. Come on Honda, even Hyundai lets you mix and match suspension steering and throttle response. I just want comfort suspension with sport steering and throttle response.

Hey Zeffy. Please go see an orthopedic surgeon, I am a medical student and can attest to the fact that you will be more appropriately taken care of by a physician than a podiatrist. This is especially true for a neuromusculoskeletal issue like sciatica.
Sponsored