ryuo

First Name
vishal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic
Country flag
Looking for good led bulbs to replace stock. I checked lasfit site. Apparently, they do not ship to Canada. Any other brand recommendations please
Sponsored

OP
OP

ryuo

First Name
vishal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic
Country flag
I just started looking too, seems like vland are one of the few options for Canada. I see them on Amazon, but I'm not sure which one is the "Official vland" account. I also found some on https://unity-performance.com/
I am checking sealight on amazon. Searching more on coding error thing.

Missbrunettebeauty

First Name
Florence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17'civic hatchback LX, 15' CBR 300R
Country flag
I got mine from a Canadian company in Quebec, both low and high and was amazing like right away with the brightness.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
I'd highly advise against installing LED bulbs in a halogen housing regardless of all the positive things you are reading online. These people are simply reacting to the increased amount of light output directly in front of the car which appears to make things brighter, but what is more important (especially at speed) is the length of the throw of light.

Instead I'd recommend the common H11 to H9 bulb conversion. All it takes is a simple removal of a tab in the H9 bulb socket to allow it to work with the H11 harness. You instantly get more light throw output due to the higher wattage at the expense of a bit shorter bulb life.

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Looking for good led bulbs to replace stock. I checked lasfit site. Apparently, they do not ship to Canada. Any other brand recommendations please
I have been using Hikari Eye of Megatron for almost 4 years now. No issues whatsoever. But Lasfit and Sealight are as reliable from my experience. Any of those 3 should be fine.

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I'd highly advise against installing LED bulbs in a halogen housing regardless of all the positive things you are reading online. These people are simply reacting to the increased amount of light output directly in front of the car which appears to make things brighter, but what is more important (especially at speed) is the length of the throw of light.

Instead I'd recommend the common H11 to H9 bulb conversion. All it takes is a simple removal of a tab in the H9 bulb socket to allow it to work with the H11 harness. You instantly get more light throw output due to the higher wattage at the expense of a bit shorter bulb life.
which H9 bulb are you using?
The reason I'm currently using LED is so the low beam and drl's match in color.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
@Los1391 I'm using these Philips bulbs I bought on Amazon. Everyone online says the German made ones are the best. I was a bit skeptical at first because the Amazon listing says made in China. Luckily the package I received said made in Germany. As far as color difference I didn't notice anything going from the stock bulbs to these. They are definitely a warmer color and not white like the LED DRL. To each their own, I'd just rather have the best possible light output vs what looks good on the car.

davefromca

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX - 6 spd
Country flag
Late to the party, but I've been spending quite a bit of time researching how to increase throw. First thing I need to do is replace my fogged up housing, but fro what I have read, unless you are ready to shell out serious cash, the H9 upgrade is the way to go.
Sponsored