Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
That’s great. Thanks for sharing but to be honest I don’t have the patience to do all that nor the knowledge of wiring anything. Not sure if you were really trying to help or or being sarcastic because I’m a female and I’m asking to many questions... ??
I didn't know your a female and to me it doesn't make a difference anyone can do this the harness is plug and play. My diy is step by step. You can hire someone to do this for you but it will cost ya over 1500 bucks. It doesn't matter what bulbs you plug in to your stock headlights the results are always going to be mediocre.
Sponsored

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How come these are cheaper than the ones on their actual website? Is it because of the lumens?
I have no idea why their website says 400+ bucks. Ignoring that, you might be right about the lumens. There is a $54 set on Amazon with 6000( or is it 7600???) lumens vs the link I sent you which is supposedly only 5000 lumens. I do wish mine were a bit brighter. I'd say maybe go for the 54 buck set below.

https://www.amazon.com/LASFIT-Headlight-Bulbs-Light-7600LM/dp/B081BDCCGJ

I honestly think @Rone811 is correct though. None of these will be nearly as bright as his HID set up. But they will defintely be comparble to stock while looking cooler and more modern.

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Hey Jen,

I am running Morimoto 2 Stroke 2.0 LEDs in my low beams.

They are pricey, ~$120 a set but worth every penny. (Low risk/reward)

The only special instructions with install is make sure the LED chips are facing left/right when installed.

I got my set at The Retrofit Source.

Honda Civic 10th gen Leds for headlights ? CCD6928E-7961-446C-956A-D5C0E3B757F9

Last edited:

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
That’s great. Thanks for sharing but to be honest I don’t have the patience to do all that nor the knowledge of wiring anything. Not sure if you were really trying to help or or being sarcastic because I’m a female and I’m asking to many questions... ??
Not sure what gender has to do with it. Im female too - and while the tutorial is a lot, it is very detailed and if someone wanted to do this retrofit - it has all the info needed along with lots of detailed photos which is great.

Gender has nothing to do with knowledge or mechanical ability. Don't sell yourself short - learn a new skill :)

Personally, in your case i would just get the hikaris and be done with it. 10 minutes to replace both bulbs. I think the data for amazon is incorrect and while it says they dont fit - they do. If nothing else, take out your current bulb and compare it. The main thing is connector and angle of connector. Some are straight, some are 90 degree.

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure what gender has to do with it. Im female too - and while the tutorial is a lot, it is very detailed and if someone wanted to do this retrofit - it has all the info needed along with lots of detailed photos which is great.

Gender has nothing to do with knowledge or mechanical ability. Don't sell yourself short - learn a new skill :)

Personally, in your case i would just get the hikaris and be done with it. 10 minutes to replace both bulbs. I think the data for amazon is incorrect and while it says they dont fit - they do. If nothing else, take out your current bulb and compare it. The main thing is connector and angle of connector. Some are straight, some are 90 degree.
Thanks.

I’m actually thinking of ordering the LasFit bulbs off eBay. They’re $36.99 but affordable. If anything, I’ll probably get the LasFit LaPlus H11’s plus the reverse lights since it was $89.99 for both. Trying to budget here lol ?

Last edited:

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't know your a female and to me it doesn't make a difference anyone can do this the harness is plug and play. My diy is step by step. You can hire someone to do this for you but it will cost ya over 1500 bucks. It doesn't matter what bulbs you plug in to your stock headlights the results are always going to be mediocre.
I apologize if I came off rude or snobby. I wasn’t trying to be.

Yes your DIY is very detailed and a lot but appreciate the feedback. It was just a lot to process. But kudos for taking the time out to explain everything.

But I apologize for stepping on anyone’s toes. You’re right, gender has nothing to do with installing new headlight bulbs lol I’m sorry if I came off rude or had a bad tone. My apologies.

And I don’t think I want to pay $1500 for someone to install LEDs when they’re simple to install yourself. Just didn’t know which kind to get.

bigdogpapa

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Fit Ex-L CVT , 2019 Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Thinking about swapping my OEM bulbs for some LEDS. I’ve watch the videos on how to install them, my only worry is something blows up and it’s not covered under warranty. I guess maybe because I still owe on the car. I found some LEDs I thought about buying but since this is my first time modifying the headlights, I need some suggestions. Thanks.
Check out the website bulbfacts.com.
After reading all of their LED reviews and recommendations in all of the price ranges, I went with the Hikari Ultra Eye of Megatron H11 conversion kit $89.99 on Amazon. And yes, Amazon says they do not fit but they do. Just be sure to oder the H11 kit. I installed mine in 15 minutes which included zip tying the ballast to its own cable. They have great projection or "throw".

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I apologize if I came off rude or snobby. I wasn’t trying to be.

Yes your DIY is very detailed and a lot but appreciate the feedback. It was just a lot to process. But kudos for taking the time out to explain everything.

But I apologize for stepping on anyone’s toes. You’re right, gender has nothing to do with installing new headlight bulbs lol I’m sorry if I came off rude or had a bad tone. My apologies.

And I don’t think I want to pay $1500 for someone to install LEDs when they’re simple to install yourself. Just didn’t know which kind to get.
No need to apologize. Everyone here is my Honda family and I’m sure everyone here wants to give you the best advice for your budget.

In a few month I’ll offer to do the retrofitting for other members at a super discounted rate.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Jen,

I am running Morimoto 2 Stroke 2.0 LEDs in my low beams.

They are pricey, ~$120 a set but worth every penny. (Low risk/reward)

The only special instructions with install is make sure the LED chips are facing left/right when installed.

I got my set at The Retrofit Source.

CCD6928E-7961-446C-956A-D5C0E3B757F9.jpeg
I am also running the 2Stroke 2.0’s. The best drop in LEDs I’ve used this far. And while the output of HIDs are the best, I just don’t have the patience nor the funds to have my headlights retrofitted. But these so far have been good.

Honda Civic 10th gen Leds for headlights ? 05D69EF2-8FE7-4B9C-993B-99BA870AA794

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went ahead and got these. Figured if I wanna see better at night, these will be a good upgrade. Can’t wait to get these in.
Honda Civic 10th gen Leds for headlights ? 9FEA9B02-2259-4C2E-B3BF-B9263CDBB3CE

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Hats_N_Hoodies