Led White Headlights under $80?

theprospect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe 2016
Country flag
What are some good led headlights(white) for my coupe that are under $80?
Sponsored

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@theprospect Search on Ebay, you'll find "OPT7" (fan) or "ETI" (heatsink) copies which might be manufactured in the same factories as the name brand for under $50 all day. But since your budget is already $80, why not add about $20 more and get a name brand like OPT7 or xenondepot.

I'm going with xenondepot myself, they've got a 20% off sale going on right now, they use Philips leds which are supposedly whiter and the ribbon heatsink to me is better than a fan that might hum or fail.

Last edited:

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@theprospect Search on Ebay, you'll find "OPT7" (fan) or "ETI" (heatsink) copies which might be manufactured in the same factories as the name brand for under $50 all day. But since your budget is already $80, why not add about $20 more and get a name brand like OPT7 or xenondepot.

I'm going with xenondepot myself, they've got a 20% off sale going on right now, they use Philips leds which are supposedly whiter and the ribbon heatsink to me is better than a fan that might hum or fail.
Please give an update about your LED lights after you get them installed and had them for bit. I'm especially interested to know hot how the drivers get under load. I had a set of the OPT7 lights and though they looked great, I got increasingly alarmed by how hot the drivers would get even though I did my best to give them air space around them. I was worried they would melt wiring or worse so I took them out. I will say OPT7 support was initially slow to respond but then was very good and prompt about giving me a refund after I stated my concerns.

OP
OP

theprospect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe 2016
Country flag

Which of these is much better? And what is the difference? I don't really know much about cars. I just don't like my yellow headlights.

http://www.xenondepot.com/h11-osram-night-breaker-Unlimited-bulbs-p/64211nbu-01b.htm
http://www.xenondepot.com/H11-PHILIPS-crystalvision-ultra-bulbs-p/12362cvs2.htm

Thanks,
Chad

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@theprospect Well, both of those are halogen bulbs. So it won't be as bright and crisp as LED. The Crystal Visions will be a touch bluer whereas the Osrams will be whiter but brighter. But if you're gonna go for Halogen- get these, I have them along with others on the forum. http://www.powerbulbs.com/us/product/diamond-vision-h11-twin They match great with the DRLs for a halogen.

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Link to some bright white leds? I like my HID's but I don't how it has to warm up.

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
Which of these is much better? And what is the difference? I don't really know much about cars. I just don't like my yellow headlights.

http://www.xenondepot.com/h11-osram-night-breaker-Unlimited-bulbs-p/64211nbu-01b.htm
http://www.xenondepot.com/H11-PHILIPS-crystalvision-ultra-bulbs-p/12362cvs2.htm

Thanks,
Chad
The Osram Night Breakers are amazing. Throws light out much farther than comparable halogen bulbs. The downside is that they don't last as long as the OEM halogen bulb (dunno who makes it for Honda). Color temp is around 3600-3700K, which is "whiter" but not the blue-white color you see on other bulbs.

The Phillips Crystal Vision Ultra are junk. The ones I bought barely lasted 6 months (the Osrams above actually lasted longer, which is strange). As far as their claimed 4000K color, pure marketing BS - it was as yellow as the OEM bulb. Tested both in my MB C230. I currently use the Phillips WhiteVision bulbs for both high & low beams, and am happy with both color & output - it will have to do until I get the OEM HID replacement for it.
Sponsored