Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Neither. Aftermarket HID's/LED's without the proper lens:
Are illegal and could get you fined.
Temporarily blind people, which cause the deaths of them, others, and you.
Piss people off and could cause road rage.
Damage the eyes.
Look like you're trying way too hard to seem cool. Especially since the reasoning about needing better lighting to see is mostly nonsense.

Regular halogen bulbs/lenses today project much brighter than they used to, and unless you have vision problems, are plenty bright.

http://www.lightmare.org/effect_on_vision.htm
https://www.injurylawcolorado.com/l...-intensity-headlights-cause-car-accidents.htm
https://www.change.org/p/california...ghts-and-soaring-death-rate-among-bike-riders

:stirthepot:
lightmare lol. Stirring the pot indeed
Sponsored

regularguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX w/sensing, 16 Civic EX
Country flag
I'm not an eye doctor, a police officer, or a biker, but after driving in front of my wife's Civic several times after swapping the low-beams to LEDs, the only difference I noticed was that the color now matches the DRLs. I don't see any glare or any other significant difference that would set them apart from other cars' headlights.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not an eye doctor, a police officer, or a biker, but after driving in front of my wife's Civic several times after swapping the low-beams to LEDs, the only difference I noticed was that the color now matches the DRLs. I don't see any glare or any other significant difference that would set them apart from other cars' headlights.
Thats probably because aftermarket LED bulbs suck and dont put out the lumens they proclaim ;)

regularguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX w/sensing, 16 Civic EX
Country flag
Thats probably because aftermarket LED bulbs suck and dont put out the lumens they proclaim ;)
I don't doubt that the lumen count is exaggerated, and they may suck compared to the top-of-the-line bulbs out there. All I can say is that subjectively from the outside and from the driver's seat, they are definitely brighter than the stock halogens. If they last a couple years this way, I'll be very happy with the $43 spent.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't doubt that the lumen count is exaggerated, and they may suck compared to the top-of-the-line bulbs out there. All I can say is that subjectively from the outside and from the driver's seat, they are definitely brighter than the stock halogens. If they last a couple years this way, I'll be very happy with the $43 spent.
Oh for sure. I had 2 different sets of LEDs, and they looked 100 times better and I felt they had good throw down the road bc I could see the reflectors way down the road lighting up, but the first time it rained with each, I was disappointed that I couldnt really see very well.

OP
OP
VIto416

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone try the opt7 fluxbeam X?

delfonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
had really good aftermarket hid's in my previous acura. they did great for the 5 years. a couple of times, i had to change either the bulb or the ballast but that was 2-3 mins worth of work.

but i've had the touring led's and they were much better than the any of the hid's i've got. and better than my sister's vw.

CivicEXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
I bought a $43 fanless pair of LEDs off Amazon. Much brighter than the stock halogens and identical cutoff as far as I can tell. See the pictures on my Amazon review.
http://goo.gl/kmakJe
I bought a $43 fanless pair of LEDs off Amazon. Much brighter than the stock halogens and identical cutoff as far as I can tell. See the pictures on my Amazon review.
http://goo.gl/kmakJe
are they still loose or look like they might come out? also did you have to mount the gray ballast looking thing and if so where?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
doublepost

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

here's a video I posted just to show the difference on our cars.
The passenger side is terrible. The reason the light output looks so much bigger on the passenger side is because the housing is scattering that LED light all over the place which isnt good for downfield lighting or oncoming drivers

gav007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
It was raining and snowing all day today, the roads were nasty covered in slush and water. I got to really test out my LEDs and here's what I noticed compared to the stock halogens. The LEDs provided the same throw and visibility as the stock halogens, but they are brighter. The LEDs in this nasty weather allowed me to see the lines on the highway where there are no lighting (light poles). Previously in similar weather with the halogens, I had trouble seeing the lines on the highway when I enter an area with no lighting. I didn't expect much from the LEDs, I was satisfied as long as they provide similar results to the halogens. Overall, I feel they are marginally better than the halogens.

OP
OP
VIto416

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was raining and snowing all day today, the roads were nasty covered in slush and water. I got to really test out my LEDs and here's what I noticed compared to the stock halogens. The LEDs provided the same throw and visibility as the stock halogens, but they are brighter. The LEDs in this nasty weather allowed me to see the lines on the highway where there are no lighting (light poles). Previously in similar weather with the halogens, I had trouble seeing the lines on the highway when I enter an area with no lighting. I didn't expect much from the LEDs, I was satisfied as long as they provide similar results to the halogens. Overall, I feel they are marginally better than the halogens.
Yeah today was crazy outside snow rain and slush my baby drove like a champ ;)

gav007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Yeah today was crazy outside snow rain and slush my baby drove like a champ ;)
I work in Pickering, so I don't think I'm too far from you. Our cars are twins, same trim and colour :thumbsup: The car drives real nice and it never slipped once.
Sponsored