LED Turn Signal Low Heat Plug and Play Resistors w/OEM Style Harness - All Trims

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I purchased a set of low heat plug and play with OEM style harness resistors for use with all trims from DIY:Car Modz [email protected] . One set will work for the rear turn signals on Touring models or for all 4 turns signals on non-Touring models. You can also request to include a harness cable to be included if you have the LED lights in place of the rear bumper reflectors. He doesn't have a store and takes special orders via email. Very well maid and the easiest plug and play. You will use the same original bulb socket for a perfect fit. Simply unplug the harness from the back of the bulb socket, plug the matching harness from the resistor to the bulb socket, then do the same for the harness you unplugged to the other matching harness from the resistor. You will still have to mount the resistor box to metal for safety as I did by installing on the side just above the muffler mount then ran the wiring up the bumper gap to the light assembly area. The typical gold resistors can get really hot up to 400°....These stay around around mid 100° even running for a few minutes. Below is the link comparing the heat difference. It is more expensive than the typical resistors but you get high quality and much better results. I used with Zevo back firing Amber LEDs since I don't like the once with projectors that may annoy drivers behind you. All my rear bulbs are back firing making full use of the reflectors in the housing except for my 3rd brake light.

Product review and Installation/Demo:
Temperature Comparison:

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Turn Signal Low Heat Plug and Play Resistors w/OEM Style Harness - All Trims 20170406_170804

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Turn Signal Low Heat Plug and Play Resistors w/OEM Style Harness - All Trims 20170406_165253

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Turn Signal Low Heat Plug and Play Resistors w/OEM Style Harness - All Trims 20170406_165323

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Turn Signal Low Heat Plug and Play Resistors w/OEM Style Harness - All Trims 20170406_170810

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Turn Signal Low Heat Plug and Play Resistors w/OEM Style Harness - All Trims 20170406_174207

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Turn Signal Low Heat Plug and Play Resistors w/OEM Style Harness - All Trims 20170406_174458

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Turn Signal Low Heat Plug and Play Resistors w/OEM Style Harness - All Trims 20170406_173535

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Turn Signal Low Heat Plug and Play Resistors w/OEM Style Harness - All Trims 20170406_174814

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Turn Signal Low Heat Plug and Play Resistors w/OEM Style Harness - All Trims 20170406_174842

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I've watched this guy's videos and they are very helpful, however; that little black box and the components hang inside the tail light ? It appears unless I'm seeing incorrectly you have water droplet stains inside your taillight which is why I wanted to have a direct bulb to socket set up. The concern I had was that the taillight is held in externally and does not have a water proof seal.

OP
OP
CosmicTouring

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've watched this guy's videos and they are very helpful, however; that little black box and the components hang inside the tail light ? It appears unless I'm seeing incorrectly you have water droplet stains inside your taillight which is why I wanted to have a direct bulb to socket set up. The concern I had was that the taillight is held in externally and does not have a water proof seal.
There are no droplets in my taillights. Been raining here and they are outside. You use the same stock sockets with this set up. Just add the inline resistor via the stock harness. No splicing or mods. I have the box mounted under the taillights between the bumper and body.

Last edited:

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
There are no droplets in my taillights. Been raining here and they are outside. You use the same stock sockets with this set up. Just add the inline resistor via the stock harness. No splicing or mods. I have the box mounted under the taillights between the bumper and body.
What are the white dots on the 5th and 6th pictures on the black surface ? That is what I was referring to.

OP
OP
CosmicTouring

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What are the white dots on the 5th and 6th pictures on the black surface ? That is what I was referring to.
Dust...dirt...Could be dried water... Nothing abnormal...The wiring are water tight...That's why this harness is better...

OP
OP
CosmicTouring

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haven't seen you post anything in a long time! Any new mods lately?
Yeah...Been busy with the kids...Nothing really other than. The LED turn signals and chrome lower bumper trim...

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Can you post some pics of how you have the box mounted and how you ran your wire? Also, what was the price for a set of these?

OP
OP
CosmicTouring

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you post some pics of how you have the box mounted and how you ran your wire? Also, what was the price for a set of these?
The 4th and 6th pictures show the wire going through the small gap between the bumper and body under the light assembly. The box will hang near the muffler underneath. I mounted on the inside metal part of the body between the bumper, around the area where the bumper reflector is. Hard to take a picture but it is the 7th picture. Really easy. It was $80 shipped. Really good quality. Even better for the non-Touring owners since the same set works for all 4 turn signals.

Last edited:

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
When you say it works for the front, do you mean the fronts need a second pair of harnesses or do you only need the one pair in the rear?

OP
OP
CosmicTouring

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When you say it works for the front, do you mean the fronts need a second pair of harnesses or do you only need the one pair in the rear?
One pair installed on the back will handle the fronts as well.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@CosmicTouring how are the harness and LED turn signals holding up? I'm severely tempted to get a pair myself, but would like to hear how they're doing for you 1 year in.