LED recommendations

aquaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX HS (lunar silver)
Country flag
I just installed a pair of LED bulbs from Amazon. They are called LASFIT. They are fanless, and they have good reviews. So far everything looks great. Plug & play install (easy), and the light output seems excellent, with a nice, even spread. The color temperature matches the DRL's.
At $39 you can't beat them.
Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074J9CTW6

My photos:

Honda Civic 10th gen LED recommendations DSC01320 (1)

Honda Civic 10th gen LED recommendations DSC01333

Honda Civic 10th gen LED recommendations IMG_3861

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just installed a pair of LED bulbs from Amazon. They are called LASFIT. They are fanless, and they have good reviews. So far everything looks great. Plug & play install (easy), and the light output seems excellent, with a nice, even spread. The color temperature matches the DRL's.
At $39 you can't beat them.
Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074J9CTW6

My photos:

DSC01320 (1).jpg

DSC01333.jpg

IMG_3861.jpg
Let us know if you are still impressed when you are driving down a completely dark road or in the rain/snow/fog.

aquaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX HS (lunar silver)
Country flag
Yea I keep the original bulbs in the trunk just in case...... we'll see

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let us know if you are still impressed when you are driving down a completely dark road or in the rain/snow/fog.
This.

Mine looked great. Threw a wonderful amount of bright white light in the driveway or on a surface a short distance away.

Going down a residential road a 25-35, with or without street lights... good performance.

Going down the highway at highway speeds... I can't see anything in front of me past 50 feet... less than 1/2 my stopping distance. Recipe for disaster.

I was also concerned at the beams performance in fog particularly... but the lack of throw sealed the deal. I actually put them back in the mail today and Amazon refunded me for my experiment.

...but I do agree, they do look great on the car. I just got the last cabling for my HID install tonight... and will finish tomorrow. I managed to hide most of the wiring and the ballasts completely from view... you'll just see a little cabling going to the bulbs, the wires going to the battery and the relay. In the meantime, I went from my Hikari LEDs back to the crap OEM halogens and... ugliness aside, I can safety see at night again more than just a few car lengths away.

OPT7 claimed their newest LEDs had more lumens and their design has more throw. If I was inclined to try another set.. I would have given them a try, but there's so much good noise about HIDs... and I've never had a car with them... I couldn't help to try them once.

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This.

Mine looked great. Threw a wonderful amount of bright white light in the driveway or on a surface a short distance away.

Going down a residential road a 25-35, with or without street lights... good performance.

Going down the highway at highway speeds... I can't see anything in front of me past 50 feet... less than 1/2 my stopping distance. Recipe for disaster.

I was also concerned at the beams performance in fog particularly... but the lack of throw sealed the deal. I actually put them back in the mail today and Amazon refunded me for my experiment.

...but I do agree, they do look great on the car. I just got the last cabling for my HID install tonight... and will finish tomorrow. I managed to hide most of the wiring and the ballasts completely from view... you'll just see a little cabling going to the bulbs, the wires going to the battery and the relay. In the meantime, I went from my Hikari LEDs back to the crap OEM halogens and... ugliness aside, I can safety see at night again more than just a few car lengths away.

OPT7 claimed their newest LEDs had more lumens and their design has more throw. If I was inclined to try another set.. I would have given them a try, but there's so much good noise about HIDs... and I've never had a car with them... I couldn't help to try them once.
I just drove the HID trough fog and they were great. Still need to try rain and snow. I am not sure if I am blinding people.

oberseite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
I don't know. I adjusted them a couple turns but never made much of a difference. A little bit of one, sure... but not enough take make me think they give safe performance. If I limited my speed to 25-35 mph, they'd be fine... but going at highway speeds I can't see even one stopping distance (~100 ft). I may get 3-4 car length worth of adequate illumination. Signs aren't lit. Reflectors other than the ones right in front aren't lit. All the light is thrown down. Maybe the Hikaris specifically sucked... I don't know.

I got my HID kit and just swapped one on for testing when I got it, 2 nights ago. While it didn't throw 'the sun' worth of light directly in front of the car, it did seem to throw more diffuse light in front of the car. To get any glare, you pretty much have to get eye level with the bulb... same as the LED. I'll have to take some pictures. I really, really wanted to LEDs to work. They just don't, IMO. I'm not sure how much adjustment can be done w/o damaging the headlight... but it'd take many, many turns to even make it marginal. How many turns did you go?
I’m not sure how many turns it actually took. I am at 16” from ~5ft distance to the wall for testing and adjustment. I’m easily at 200 ft or more of throw. Which is way more than the Kensun 5000K I had in them.

Did you confirm the bulbs LED’s are facing to the sides?

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They were turned such that the LEDs we're on the side. I think, based on the tabs sizing it's the only way they can go.
Sponsored