Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
Hello, I installed an LED light bar and an aftermarket grill in my civic and thought some of you may be interested. The grill was installed to hopefully compensate for the reduction of airflow a light bar would cause.

LED Bar: http://www.roughcountry.com/20-inch-led-light-bar-70720bl.html
Honeycomb Grill: https://goo.gl/ZcHSBU

It was relayed to the high beams in series with a switch. If I shut the high beams off it will shut the light bar off as well. If I turn the high beams on, the light bar will come on only if the switch for the light bar is on. Yes, I will also be installing HID low beams and LED or HID high beams.

This isn't legal for road use, off-road only. I live in northern Ontario and the extra light output is useful on winding hilly back roads. It didn't add significant throw distance but it did add a huge amount of light to the sides of the road.

If anyone wants to know how it was mounted I can post some pictures. Existing holes were used to mount the light bar to the frame.

____

I wired a set of Hella 500 driving lights the same way to the high beam circuit of my Dodge Ram, and mounted them behind the honeycomb grill - they worked great through the grill and were very discrete when off.
You used a 20" bar on your civic - I have the same grill as you, do you think a 30" would fit in the same location on a civic?
where you able to install it without removing the bumper? (I don't want to take my bumper off again)
Sponsored

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I would like to know!

Texas is dark af and this could totally help when I'm driving through my ranch... you know, cuz it's off road?

jhe23lo

First Name
Argyll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Exl
Country flag
i would like to know how to tap on the headlights . any video tutorial/installation?

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
i would like to know how to tap on the headlights . any video tutorial/installation?
using something like a #16 or 18, find the hot lead on your high beam headlight bulb (one is hot when highs are on, one is a ground) and tap into that hot, run it to one side of your relay coil or into the cabin to a terminal of an auxiliary switch. Come back from the switch to the relay coil if you chose to use a switch. Connect a #14 from you battery positive to a 10 amp in-line fuse, connect to the other side of the fuse to one of the contacts on your relay. Go from the other contact to the (+ve) on your light bar, take the other wire from you light bar and go to a suitable chassis ground.
Sponsored