zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Yeah, that is why I did this mod.
Well, if that’s what make you happy.

IMHO, a good set of LED bulbs or an HID retrofit for the low beams partnered with HID bulbs on your fogs would’ve done the job.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Crispyty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Civic
Country flag
Well, if that’s what make you happy.

IMHO, a good set of LED bulbs or an HID retrofit for the low beams partnered with HID bulbs on your fogs would’ve done the job.
I do not have fog lights with my trim. It was cheaper to add a light bar. I might do the low beam upgrade though.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
*Not an electrician.

You need to find out how many amps the thing draws. At that point you can start to think about how to wire it up the best way. Do you have a link to a page where the specs are listed?

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
You could tap it into your high beam circuit so that it's only on with the high beams are. As mentioned though, check it's current rating so that you'll know if the high beam circuit can support it. If not then you can just add a relay to the lighting circuit that'll toggle power from the fuse panel to the light bar. Add an inline fuse too.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Glad to see that the vultures are gone. Can anyone now answer my question about relays in the OP?
Ok.. if you use one of the headlight wires to "activate" the relay (#85 & 86), you can use a separate wire with inline fuse from the battery to power the light bar without worry of overloading the headlight circuit. Just make sure the pwr supply wire [from battery to relay (#30) & relay (#87) to light bar] is big enough gauge to handle the amperage draw, you should be fine..

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think it's cool!

As long as you exercise the same courtesy as someone using highbeams and turn them off with incoming traffic I don't see an issue with it. Definitely a much easier and cheaper install by doing this instead of adding fogs

Last edited:

Archie

First Name
Cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic coupé lx 2017
Country flag
I’m also looking at doing this. But it would be yellow. I drive a lot during night where there’s no light except the moon lol. And I usually see 2-6 deers or raccoon on my way to home.

Can you post more picture of it off close by? Just to see the set up please

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's the 2.0. I wouldn't have done this with an intercooler.
Hey I totally get it and would have wired in a light bar had I not had an intercooler. When I travel back roads in my truck I use my light bar and ditch lights. I just switch them off when I see a car is coming. It's definitely alleviated some nighttime anxiety on windy roads at 2 am in the mountains. Yeah in your case I would just use a relay with a switch. Since light bars typically are wired 12 volt constant to the battery. Yeah you could put it into an accessory powered wire instead of to the battery but to me that's asking to wire into a circuit that if failed, could damage other components.
I've never forgot to turn off a light bar since my inside switch is lighted when on. And let alone a left on front light bar is pretty obvious when walking away from your vehicle. By the way I hope your light bar setup is already using a relay which goes straight to the battery. I can share a picture of the wiring harness I am referring to if you are interested.

hondiecivic

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic sport sedan
Country flag
Hey I totally get it and would have wired in a light bar had I not had an intercooler. When I travel back roads in my truck I use my light bar and ditch lights. I just switch them off when I see a car is coming. It's definitely alleviated some nighttime anxiety on windy roads at 2 am in the mountains. Yeah in your case I would just use a relay with a switch. Since light bars typically are wired 12 volt constant to the battery. Yeah you could put it into an accessory powered wire instead of to the battery but to me that's asking to wire into a circuit that if failed, could damage other components.
I've never forgot to turn off a light bar since my inside switch is lighted when on. And let alone a left on front light bar is pretty obvious when walking away from your vehicle. By the way I hope your light bar setup is already using a relay which goes straight to the battery. I can share a picture of the wiring harness I am referring to if you are interested.
can you send the wiring harness i’m interested into doing it to mine

brienp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ive wanted to do the same thing to mine...but like 10 of them...basically daylight in front of me when my highs are on. Driving back roads here in the Seattle area (which is just one giant rainforest) sucks when its raining....13 months out of the year.
Sponsored