Muturuc

First Name
Alexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sedan Executive (EU)
Country flag
Is it just me or, when I was on a road trip I always got flashed at night by the oncoming drivers. I love the LED lights I think that they are a bit too powerful (my opinion) and no, my high beams weren't on.
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Is it just me or, when I was on a road trip I always got flashed at night by the oncoming drivers. I love the LED lights I think that they are a bit too powerful (my opinion) and no, my high beams weren't on.
Is yours the full LED headlight assembly?

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The design of the Civic’s OEM LEDs just seem to be awful. Performance on other models like the Accord and Insight seem to be waaay better than the Civic’s. There’s so much glare and the light isn’t really focused.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
The design of the Civic’s OEM LEDs just seem to be awful. Performance on other models like the Accord and Insight seem to be waaay better than the Civic’s. There’s so much glare and the light isn’t really focused.
It was fixed on the 2020 models. More lighting with better focus than glare.

Bunhyung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
I completely agree with you. Light output and spread is so poor I am almost ready to retrofit Halogen housings and put new projectors in them with HID's.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was fixed on the 2020 models. More lighting with better focus than glare.
I’ve been trying to find pics or videos of the refreshed models’ performance. If anyone has one, please share lol. I wonder how much of a difference was actually made.

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
It happens the same to me, got flashed, but only when going on vacation with the trunk loaded and my family on board. I don't know why Hondas don't come with electric headlight height adjusters, very useful in these occasions.

rileyj98

First Name
riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe
Country flag
If you look it up there is a review of the civics led headlights ratings and how well they perform. They do very well at lighting the road and such but for glare for oncoming traffic they are rated Very poorly and blind other drivers. Nothing wrong with them or the aiming but just produce a ridiculous amount of glare, I can attest to this as I have seen them from other drivers and it’s stupid bright but I know it’s still there low beams haha. I’ve seen people flash them thinking it’s the high beams till they flash back and it’s like oh my gosh bright ?

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
You sure they were flashing at you and not going over bumps and potholes?

alao01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-L
Country flag
Check out the Morimoto Xb headlights and add some diode dynamics fogs. Better controlled and even output.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would just take them out and get an aftermarket set so that when you sell it you can put the stock ones back in and be done with it.

clayky

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag