djlin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R CW #0043
Country flag
Hello guys, I've seen quite a few threads and posts about halogens to LED but what about the other way around?

Usually people need to modify the wiring and or buy an additional wiring harness to make it work what if you're on LED wiring is there any write up or harness anyone has made for this or could you make one easily?

Any thoughts or inputs or anyone who has attempted this already?

I am not too impressed with the output of the LED lights other than the turn signal lights and am considering changing out the factory LED to halogens and want to know if it could possibly be worth the effort.
Sponsored

fmoua916

Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r agean blue
Country flag
Hello guys, I've seen quite a few threads and posts about halogens to LED but what about the other way around?

Usually people need to modify the wiring and or buy an additional wiring harness to make it work what if you're on LED wiring is there any write up or harness anyone has made for this or could you make one easily?

Any thoughts or inputs or anyone who has attempted this already?

I am not too impressed with the output of the LED lights other than the turn signal lights and am considering changing out the factory LED to halogens and want to know if it could possibly be worth the effort.
Halogen lol be a downgrade unless your gonna go HID and do some type of retrofitting

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
Have you tried adjusting the aim of LED headlights?

Honda forgot to adjust my headlights at the factory.

OP
OP
djlin

djlin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R CW #0043
Country flag
Have you tried adjusting the aim of LED headlights?

Honda forgot to adjust my headlights at the factory.
I didn't try adjusting however I just don't like the glare and how there isn't a distinct cut off. The output looks blotchy.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Need to adjust my headlights. They seem to be pointed pretty low and I don't get much light on any street signs currently. It is one of the things on my to do list.

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
I didn't try adjusting however I just don't like the glare and how there isn't a distinct cut off. The output looks blotchy.
Mine were pointed down initially. The cutoff was on the road about ~1.5 car lengths in front of me so I was basically driving blind at night.
Seems like yours may be pointed up. If you think they may be defective take it to Honda. I doubt there are any aftermarket down-grade kits available.

All you need is a wrench to adjust them. There is a bolt under the hood.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I will agree- there is almost no cutoff with these headlights. Is that normal? Our MDX has a pretty tight cutoff line...

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
What an odd complaint. I agree, adjust yours. Mine light up the night like I'm border patrol catching folks jumping the fence down south.

OP
OP
djlin

djlin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R CW #0043
Country flag
What an odd complaint. I agree, adjust yours. Mine light up the night like I'm border patrol catching folks jumping the fence down south.
Yeah, I will most likely just adjust haven't got around to it but definitely already crossed out the thought of doing this conversion so no worries !

ITGRAD

Love my Civic!!!
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring and 2015 Lexus CT200h
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine light up the night

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Headlights to Halogens E2C6DC9E-C275-4CE9-9647-508351E8B501

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Headlights to Halogens 6320C3DE-C1E1-4DBC-AA62-0EA83259ABBA

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I have the factory halogen headlights but changed out the bulbs with silverstar ultras. I’m very happy with them. Good color and brightness. I know the cutoff you are talking about. Here are two pictures, one with the low beams and then another with the high beams. You can see how distinct the cutoff is and the when you turn the high beams on they light up the rest
Honda Civic 10th gen LED Headlights to Halogens 8A39B4ED-3F16-4786-9023-22AC47953500
Honda Civic 10th gen LED Headlights to Halogens 770FF01F-BCA2-4CF6-8825-F506859E89B0

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Every time I tried Silverstars, I learned to keep my OEM light bulbs in the glove box because it was inevitable that the damn things would burn out on me within a month. Unless they have improved, be prepared.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Every time I tried Silverstars, I learned to keep my OEM light bulbs in the glove box because it was inevitable that the damn things would burn out on me within a month. Unless they have improved, be prepared.
I’ve had mine in for 4 months now and half of my driving is at night since I work rotating shift. My drive is 45 minutes to get to work. So my silverstars have been working a lot and still no issues. I have had them in most of my vehicles I’ve owned and have had good luck with them. I had them in my Isuzu rodeo for 4 years before I sold it with no issues. I think it really depends on how well sealed the headlight assembly is and if the bulb was touched during installation. But I am planning on posting as soon as one burns out to give a true result on how well they last on the new civics
Sponsored