LED headlights and fog lights

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
You have morimoto 2stroke 2.0 for your fogs?

Nope. I had them for my headlights, but then got rid of them for Xenons.
Fogs are still factory halogens for now. I'll upgrade if they even crack and break to the OE Honda $180 ones.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

cafecito820

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just tested this yesterday, took less than 2 minutes to take off the covers with a plastic pry tool. A philips screwdriver will unbolt the foglight housing and swap away.
Did you have to elevate the car to do it? I want to swap out my fogs, but I don't want to buy a set of ramps for one install to then have them take up space in my garage... :(

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
Did you have to elevate the car to do it? I want to swap out my fogs, but I don't want to buy a set of ramps for one install to then have them take up space in my garage... :(
Everything is right there on the front bumper. There is no need.

cafecito820

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everything is right there on the front bumper. There is no need.
Oh ok, cool. I watched a few videos of people removing that plastic guard from the underside, but they had the car elevated in all of the videos. I guess it just made things easier?

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
Oh ok, cool. I watched a few videos of people removing that plastic guard from the underside, but they had the car elevated in all of the videos. I guess it just made things easier?
To change the bulbs the factory way, you go from the bottom. If your car isn't lowered, you can definitely get to it without even jacking up the car. If you want to replace the whole fog assembly, the hatch and Si front bumpers can remove the front side grilles with an interior pry tool + screwdrivers.

GotBoost?

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan, 1992 Chevy Blazer
Country flag
I was thinking of buying these and using them for both low beams and fog. Does anyone know if these can/should can be used for lows and if they are any good. Its between these and the Morimoto.

https://www.sylvania-automotive.com/products/headlights-and-fog-lights/zevo/h11_zevo_fog.jsp
Considering the description says in all caps 'FOR FOG APPLICATIONS ONLY' you probably should not use them as low beams. I switched my low beams out with Hikari 'eye of Megatron' LED and am very happy.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Hello, I've read all 13 pages of this thread and am still confused... I have a 2016 coupe, with halogens... Al I want is for my low beams to match the day time running lights and I would like a yellow bulb for my high beams... Suggestions? Thanks in advance everyone & please stay safe!

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
Hello, I've read all 13 pages of this thread and am still confused... I have a 2016 coupe, with halogens... Al I want is for my low beams to match the day time running lights and I would like a yellow bulb for my high beams... Suggestions? Thanks in advance everyone & please stay safe!
2016 ex-t here, i put SEALIGHT Xenower II H11's in place of my factory OEM halogen bulbs - they are the same colour temperature as my DRL's

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
Yes, totally plug and play. The low beams use projectors so there are no issues with orientation. There could be a possible benefit if you have an adjustable LED, but mine performed so much better than stock that I don’t have to worry about it

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Yes, totally plug and play. The low beams use projectors so there are no issues with orientation. There could be a possible benefit if you have an adjustable LED, but mine performed so much better than stock that I don’t have to worry about it
Good to know - thanks!

tdoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Sedan, 2015 Mercedes Benz B250
Country flag
The morimoto kit isn't 100% plug n play on the hatchback models. There is some minor trimming involved to get them to fit.
Hey there, Have a 18 hatchback sport. Do you happen to know where to snip this if I buy the Morimoto Fogs?