LED headlight assembly

Civicghost1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX, 2020 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I want to get the full LED headlight assembly for the 2020 hatchback sport. Like the ones that come on the type r or sport touring but I can’t seem to find a place to buy them
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
The dealership is one of the places where you can get them.

Online you can check sites like hondapartsnow.com, conicellihondaparts.com, etc.

Legato

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
There's quite a few aftermarket options that are halogen-oem-specific plug-and-play headlights. Just google "Depot Civic Headlights" and plenty of things show up.

Note: if you do want to go to the OEM route and buy genuine honda headlights to go from halogen to LED, you will need to buy a separate wiring harness to make them work. They are not direct plug-and-play.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmmm, I got the “Morimoto OE+ LED Assembly”, paid $500 & ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM. Pretty much OEM replicas of the 2020 smoked version. One advantage for half the price are that the turn signals are sequential. So that’s a +50. Had installed for bout 4(1/2) months and no issue so far (knock on wood), simple plug n play. :)
-
Here's a video of them in action I recored long ago.

3B8BF362-A76A-4F0A-984E-6B58B64635D5.jpeg

13D7FCF4-23AE-4FF9-A815-9DDAF8B45AC6.jpeg

9130D1A6-EA7D-4CDE-A9BA-CFB898134591.jpeg

-
I should ask for a sponsorship for how many times I be recommending their unit. :hmm:

Last edited:

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Something I might do sometime in the future as well... honestly, if I wasn’t so scared of taking off the bumper, I probably would have done it already.

like mentioned above, go with the honda dealer, or the legit parts websites. If you don’t want to spend that, I’d try the morimoto version. I’ve heard the depot brand one the output isn’t that great.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Something I might do sometime in the future as well... honestly, if I wasn’t so scared of taking off the bumper, I probably would have done it already.

like mentioned above, go with the honda dealer, or the legit parts websites. If you don’t want to spend that, I’d try the morimoto version. I’ve heard the depot brand one the output isn’t that great.
Lay down some towels and have another person help lower the bumper. Hope ya make the swap someday. Whilst the lights being one of the selling points of the new refreshed models, be a waste to trade in just for those puppies. :)

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Lay down some towels and have another person help lower the bumper. Hope ya make the swap someday. Whilst the lights being one of the selling points of the new refreshed models, be a waste to trade in just for those puppies. :)
its definitely on the want to do list. I absolutely love the LEDs on the xgen. Makes me regret not getting the si even more.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
its definitely on the want to do list. I absolutely love the LEDs on the xgen. Makes me regret not getting the si even more.
I could've sworn both the mid-refreshed hatch n SI for 2020 got the smoked Led assembly though, or was it just the SI?

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I could've sworn both the mid-refreshed hatch n SI for 2020 got the smoked Led assembly though, or was it just the SI?
Si, touring, and R have it. Regular hatches, sedans, and coupes come with the projector halogen assemblies. In the US anyway.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag

This!

I would prefer function than form. Spend a little bit more to get the most of it rather than cheap it out.

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI coupe
Country flag
ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS SAYING!!!
"COOL AINT CHEAP,
AND CHEAP AINT COOL!!!"
NO AFTERMARKET SUPPLIER HAS THE BUDGET TO COMPETE WITH THE OEM DESIGN CAPABILITIES, SO IF FUNCTION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN LOOKING "COOL", BUY THE REAL THING... JUST SAYING.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had the Depot lights in before and the output was pretty bad. Granted, I know the OEM LED headlights on the Civics aren't that great in the first place, but I've seen a few Tourings drive at night and their output still looked better than the Depots lol.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Honestly i was the same way when i first took off my front bumper with improper tools lol but once i purchased automotive prying tools its made EVERYTHING a hell of a lot easier. no fear of scratching and to give a frame of reference. without the right tools it took me about an hour to take the bumper off. with prying tools only 20 mins (also helped i knew where everything was at too tho lol).
Sponsored