ER6Zen

First Name
Jimmy Wong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback Touring
Country flag
Hi guys! I just purchased LED strips to put in my car, it comes with a 12v cigarette plug. I am a completely new when it comes to wiring.

If I want to connect this to my fuse box, am I suppose to cut off the 12v socket and then connect the female end into a fuse tap, connect it to #22 DRL, and then ground the male end?

I purchased a fuse tapper, but I'm not sure where you guys are getting the red and black wires from your LED strips from!
Also, is it possible to have my LED strips only turn on when my headlights turn on? I would only like to have them running during night time if possible.
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Hi guys! I just purchased LED strips to put in my car, it comes with a 12v cigarette plug. I am a completely new when it comes to wiring.

If I want to connect this to my fuse box, am I suppose to cut off the 12v socket and then connect the female end into a fuse tap, connect it to #22 DRL, and then ground the male end?

I purchased a fuse tapper, but I'm not sure where you guys are getting the red and black wires from your LED strips from!
Also, is it possible to have my LED strips only turn on when my headlights turn on? I would only like to have them running during night time if possible.
red is you power wire which you will tap into fuse box and black is your ground which you connect to the metal screw near the top corner of the fuse box

ER6Zen

First Name
Jimmy Wong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback Touring
Country flag
red is you power wire which you will tap into fuse box and black is your ground which you connect to the metal screw near the top corner of the fuse box
Thanks for your reply, I have everything almost ready and planning to install the LED's tomorrow. This may sound like a stupid question, but how would you ground the black wire to the metal screw? Are you suppose to loosen the screw, wrap the wire around the screw and screw it in? Thanks in advance!

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Thanks for your reply, I have everything almost ready and planning to install the LED's tomorrow. This may sound like a stupid question, but how would you ground the black wire to the metal screw? Are you suppose to loosen the screw, wrap the wire around the screw and screw it in? Thanks in advance!
Yes that's the only way to you can do it

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
That will work fine, but if you want to make the ground connection look at least somewhat professional and hold securely for long-term use I suggest crimping the ground wire to an insulated spade terminal (like the below image) which will fit neatly behind the grounding bolt after loosening it a little and then position the wire terminal securely behind the bolt and hold it in place while tightening the bolt back down to secure it. Also before you connect the terminal to the bolt, remember to run a lighter on the terminal's insulation so it permanently attaches to the crimped wire.

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Footwell Lights sw1-3.5w-pre_insulated_spade_terminal

alexlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2019 sport
Country flag
Hi guys,

I bought the opt7 aura pro, I have successfully installed it on my 2019 civic sport, however I do not know how to connect the auxiliary cable from the opt7 hub so that the lights turn on when the doors turn on. As far as I can tell this is the harness that connects to the dome lights, removing it dims them.
Honda Civic 10th gen LED Footwell Lights 6r875AK
Any help is appreaciated

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi guys,

I bought the opt7 aura pro, I have successfully installed it on my 2019 civic sport, however I do not know how to connect the auxiliary cable from the opt7 hub so that the lights turn on when the doors turn on. As far as I can tell this is the harness that connects to the dome lights, removing it dims them.
6r875AK.jpg
Any help is appreaciated
Are you wanting the opt7 LED's to turn on and be white when you open the doors? or just to turn on when the doors open, remaining the programmed color? That auxiliary cable automatically switches the LEDs to white when the door is opened from what I understand.

alexlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2019 sport
Country flag
Are you wanting the opt7 LED's to turn on and be white when you open the doors? or just to turn on when the doors open, remaining the programmed color? That auxiliary cable automatically switches the LEDs to white when the door is opened from what I understand.
I want thwm to turn on white when the doors open. Where should I connect the auxiliary cable?

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I want thwm to turn on white when the doors open. Where should I connect the auxiliary cable?
I am not certain. I have tried to do some research on where to connect the auxiliary cable for you and haven't come up with a definitive answer. It seems as though the aux cable is really setup as a relay that tells the OPT7 lights to go white, but the LED's still require another power source as well. That means that you would still have to setup the power as I stated here https://www.civicx.com/threads/led-footwell-lights.2108/page-9#post-559747

For the aux I would use the 6pin harness, check this page for a diagram https://www.civicx.com/threads/vehicle-6-pin-connector.20774/ and try connecting to pins 5 and 6. I cant promise anything since I dont have the OPT7 LEDS to try this myself.

alexlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2019 sport
Country flag
I am not certain. I have tried to do some research on where to connect the auxiliary cable for you and haven't come up with a definitive answer. It seems as though the aux cable is really setup as a relay that tells the OPT7 lights to go white, but the LED's still require another power source as well. That means that you would still have to setup the power as I stated here https://www.civicx.com/threads/led-footwell-lights.2108/page-9#post-559747

For the aux I would use the 6pin harness, check this page for a diagram https://www.civicx.com/threads/vehicle-6-pin-connector.20774/ and try connecting to pins 5 and 6. I cant promise anything since I dont have the OPT7 LEDS to try this myself.
Thanks for the reply and your time, I know that it still needs power to turn the lights white, which kinda defeats the purpose of the dome lights, however my problem is that in the opt7 there is only the positive end on the auxiliary ( since it is already grouned ) and the connector in the thread you linked is not used in my civic, it is there but empty. I couldn't find the name of the harness or a link to buy it.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the reply and your time, I know that it still needs power to turn the lights white, which kinda defeats the purpose of the dome lights, however my problem is that in the opt7 there is only the positive end on the auxiliary ( since it is already grouned ) and the connector in the thread you linked is not used in my civic, it is there but empty. I couldn't find the name of the harness or a link to buy it.
I actually just received my order today. I found a 10 pack on Aliexpress of the male plug to use. I know they are on ebay as well.

As a temporary way to test, get female wire crimps that would allow you to connect the wire to the terminal inside of the 6 pin.

alexlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2019 sport
Country flag
I actually just received my order today. I found a 10 pack on Aliexpress of the male plug to use. I know they are on ebay as well.

As a temporary way to test, get female wire crimps that would allow you to connect the wire to the terminal inside of the 6 pin.
I'll probably end up using any cable that fits in there since I only need to connect to pin 5. Is there a similarly working ground switch for when the engine is on?

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll probably end up using any cable that fits in there since I only need to connect to pin 5. Is there a similarly working ground switch for when the engine is on?
Are you using the relay setup discussed previously?

alexlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2019 sport
Country flag
Are you using the relay setup discussed previously?
I am using an arduino board with 2 inputs. One from the lights and the other from any source that indicates that I am physically in the car. As of right now I am planning on using the accessory fuse on the dashboard fuse box as it turns on with the start button. This however is a positive 12v and requires a relay. I want to get rid of the relay by using a ground input. Essentially it is the same function as pin 5 on the connector above but instead of the lights it works when the car is started.

jvivlemore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can someone please remind me how to use a “Add A Fuse”? I know the fuse I’m replacing in the fuse box goes into the “add a fuse” but what additional fuse goes into the Add a fuse? Let’s say I replace 22 for the daytime running lights which is a 10 I believe. Do I just put that 10 in there and both the led lights and running lights run off that or do I need to add another fuse? If so what size?

Thanks.
Sponsored