10genjdm

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CIVIC HATCBACK SPORT 1.5T
Country flag
Can someone post pics of the mounting areas for under the steering wheel and glove box? having an issue finding a good spot to mount this too.
Sponsored

WVUGuy275

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can someone post pics of the mounting areas for under the steering wheel and glove box? having an issue finding a good spot to mount this too.
Sure, here you go:

On the driver side, the control box is mounted via ziptie below the fuse box, but up on a bit of a "rise" in the floorboard. The LED strip is mounted via ziptie above and behind the pedals. Cables are also routed behind all of the peddles and ziptied to prevent them from slipping.

The power source (that red wire on the far left) is the fuse tap going up to and plugged into the ACC fuse in the fusebox. The ground wire runs from the control box up and to the right in the picture. See the leftmost of those two nuts with blue paint spots? That's where the ground wire is fastened.

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Footwell Lights 20180910_164639-resized-

On the passenger side, the LED strip is mounted via ziptie to the two flattened-U-shaped brackets near the bottom-back of the glove compartment. Easily the easiest of the four seat areas to do. The power cable runs back under/behind the center console.

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Footwell Lights 20180910_193128-resized-

10genjdm

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CIVIC HATCBACK SPORT 1.5T
Country flag
Sure, here you go:

On the driver side, the control box is mounted via ziptie below the fuse box, but up on a bit of a "rise" in the floorboard. The LED strip is mounted via ziptie above and behind the pedals. Cables are also routed behind all of the peddles and ziptied to prevent them from slipping.

The power source (that red wire on the far left) is the fuse tap going up to and plugged into the ACC fuse in the fusebox. The ground wire runs from the control box up and to the right in the picture. See the leftmost of those two nuts with blue paint spots? That's where the ground wire is fastened.

20180910_164639-resized-jpg.jpg

On the passenger side, the LED strip is mounted via ziptie to the two flattened-U-shaped brackets near the bottom-back of the glove compartment. Easily the easiest of the four seat areas to do. The power cable runs back under/behind the center console.

20180910_193128-resized-jpg.jpg
THANK YOU SO MUCH

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T (CVT HS)
I tackled the beginning of this project today. Got as far as installing LED strip lighting in the driver footwell before it got too dark out. I used the ground bolt above and to the side of the fuse box, on the outer side of the car. I had to twist my left arm around some things to get it on and off, felt like I was crawling up under the dash too, but I used a tiny 10mm wrench- the p-shaped 3" kind that comes with power equipment or a bicycle. I think I temporarily lost it under the floor mat or seat, but I don't require its use further for this project. I used a waterproof black LED strip, and a RF remote. The car intelligently powers up peripheral circuits when starting the engine, so the electrical isn't going to be taxed on cold mornings or nights. Not that it would anyway: The LED strip only used about 12 or so Watts for the full 16.4ft when I tested it on a wall outlet meter. I put it on a 7.5A fuse, but I think a 5A fuse would be sufficient.
The adhesive on the LED strip was either a knock-off 3M variety, or had aged/been through some temperature cycles. No way it was sticking to the plastic, and seeing how poorly the iffy adhesive stuck made me realize what other have said; given time and temperature swings, even high quality 3M adhesive won't stay put. I drilled some 5/32" holes in the flat lip of the plastic, and used zipties to secure the LED strip. I can dim the light, turn it off, and change colors with the remote and without concern about where I point it. I'm going to work on the passenger side as early as tomorrow, and am thinking about doing under the seats to light the rear cabin floor. All in all, I spent under $50 on the parts, and am very pleased about having more flexible lighting than the factory kit (which most dealerships quoted me between $800 - $1000 for).

WP_20161123_17_25_55_Rich_LI.jpg
Where did you get that phone holder at?

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where did you get that phone holder at?
It's an older, basic, Qi charger with a ball-socket connection to a base with one of those standard suction mounts seen with GPS and other units. I didn't get it on Amazon, so I am not sure where it was purchased. I think it was a Samsung wireless charger for the GS6/GS7. I have a GS9+, and it fits well. It has a crummy charging rate, so for long drives or when starting with low battery I unplug the USB supply wire from the charger and use an adapter to plug in the phone and max out what the wire and my 12V splitter can provide.

The cradle/charger itself isn't special. From my experience, don't bother with claspless magnetic mounts that rely on a backplate between the phone and case. The trick is to get a place to mount a holder/charger: Get a fresh (legit) 3M-backed plastic mounting plate, clean the removable pad in the dash cove with 92%+ ISO. Apply the disc-shaped mounting plate in the front-left corner, and make sure you get a base that clears the side of the cove and puts the phone somewhere glance-visible and free from obstructing the shifter. The only downside is I have to crane my hand around the phone to apply seat heating, or the other HVAC controls. Worth it.

waxonwaxoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Turbo Prestige MT
Country flag
Has anyone wired their setup to the interior lights fuse (21) in the engine bay?

Managed to put these into my car today using the info in this thread so I'd like to say thank you to everyone, the only gripe for me is that they don't light up on entry like the interior lights.

quick picture of the driver side at night
Honda Civic 10th gen LED Footwell Lights IMG_0719.JPG

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone wired their setup to the interior lights fuse (21) in the engine bay?

Managed to put these into my car today using the info in this thread so I'd like to say thank you to everyone, the only gripe for me is that they don't light up on entry like the interior lights.

quick picture of the driver side at night
IMG_0719.JPG
There's another thread that I believe I started (or at least posted in) that shows you which wires to tap into to get the lights to turn on and off (including dimming)

waxonwaxoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Turbo Prestige MT
Country flag

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think my shared setup and fuse tap lights up on, say, remote start. I would like if it lit when the interior lights are on... So, a delayed 'off' after turning off the car, or when opening the door, etc.

I'm fairly sure it is my fuse tap, but I no longer have DRL when headlights set to auto. I have to turn the stick/knob. It's nice to have the control, but meh.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

It looks like you guys are having trouble connecting your footwell lights to go with the dome lights?
Ive done mine since march of 2017.
You dont need to tap to a fuse.
You dont tap directly to the dome.
Theres a harness down there to tap into....

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn instagram dont wanna connect.
Anyways, i used an RGB led that way I can change color with a remote.

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Footwell Lights Screenshot_20190130-023307_Instagram

MegaLag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan
Country flag
Theres a harness down there to tap into....[/QUOTE]

Where in the harness would you tap into?

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where in the harness would you tap into?
The six pin harness under the dash as shown in this post.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/led-footwell-lights.2108/page-8#post-349954

Power through a fuse tap, ground to the purple wire.This will have them turn on and off as the dome lights do. If you want to be able to run them while the car is running with the dome lights off then it would require a relay such as shown in this drawing. (NOTE: The purple and grey are switched on the drawing, use PURPLE)

https://www.civicx.com/threads/led-footwell-lights.2108/page-7#post-200522

I have done this successfully. My footwell lights turn on with the dome lights and can be turned on separately when the dome lights are off via my LED light control box.
Sponsored