Abid

First Name
Abid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
I have a 2016 honda civic ex sedan and my vehicle came without fog lights. I just purchased a fog lights kit for my vehicle and I will be getting them installed soon but the bulbs that came with the kit are white halogen bulbs, but I would like to purchase LED's instead. My question is should I get white or yellow LED fog lights which is better? I do like the look of the yellow fog lights so I purchased lamin x yellow film for my fog lights, but now that I want to get LED's should I stick with the white bulbs then apply the yellow film (for the looks) or should I get the yellow bulbs and apply the yellow film as well?
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Yellow fog lamps are the best since it gives you more visibility at night compared to day light or bluish white.

Mine is LED fog lamp assembly with lamin-x yellow tint.
Honda Civic 10th gen LED Fog Lights white or yellow? 48BA65A4-15E0-4930-8A97-D38F4A1C0B72

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
i suggest trying both to see what you like better.

Yellow fog lights have a purpose outside of just looking cool. The light supposedly penetrates through fog and water mist in the rain/snow/actual fog better than white light.

I’d imagine putting a layer of tint film on the glass would reduce the light output very slightly. Yellow bulbs would be cleaner, but less noticeable when the lights are off.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Yellow fog lamps are the best since it gives you more visibility at night compared to day light or bluish white.

48BA65A4-15E0-4930-8A97-D38F4A1C0B72.jpeg
Fog lights are aimed at the ground in front of the car. They really shouldn’t have any effect on nighttime visibility with no fog or haze. They’re meant to make you more noticeable to other drivers.

OP
OP

Abid

First Name
Abid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

48BA65A4-15E0-4930-8A97-D38F4A1C0B72.jpeg
Thanks for your response! Your car looks really nice with the yellow bulbs I like it. In that case I'm gunna do the same and get the yellow LED Bulbs and then I will apply the yellow lamin x tint as well when it comes in.

OP
OP

Abid

First Name
Abid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i suggest trying both to see what you like better.

Yellow fog lights have a purpose outside of just looking cool. The light supposedly penetrates through fog and water mist in the rain/snow/actual fog better than white light.

I’d imagine putting a layer of tint film on the glass would reduce the light output very slightly. Yellow bulbs would be cleaner, but less noticeable when the lights are off.
Do you have yellow or white fog lights on your car?

JoshFK7

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You could do both yellow laminx and yellow led bulbs!

Top pic is with stock halogen bulbs and yellow lamin-x

Bottom pic is with yellow LEDs and yellow lamin-x. These are Diode Dynamics SLF bulbs and very bright at night

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Fog Lights white or yellow? 20210729_191940

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Fog Lights white or yellow? 20210729_191915

OP
OP

Abid

First Name
Abid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You could do both yellow laminx and yellow led bulbs!

Top pic is with stock halogen bulbs and yellow lamin-x

Bottom pic is with yellow LEDs and yellow lamin-x. These are Diode Dynamics SLF bulbs and very bright at night

20210729_191940.jpg

20210729_191915.jpg
Yeah im gunna do the yellow on yellow. Thanks for sharing the pics of car looks great!!