LED emblems

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Has anyone installed the LED lighted Honda emblems on their vehicles? I keep seeing them online but no idea if they work or if anyone has installed them and even if they would work for our cars? I think they look really cool and would love to put a white led honda emblem on front of my Touring.
Sponsored

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone installed the LED lighted Honda emblems on their vehicles? I keep seeing them online but no idea if they work or if anyone has installed them and even if they would work for our cars? I think they look really cool and would love to put a white led honda emblem on front of my Touring.
I'm interested in seeing how the wiring is done myself. I was considering purchasing a set and DIY'ing it but I've already got my headlights on my battery and the instructions recommend just slapping it to the battery.

You'd only want to have it on when the headlights were on so you'd need to somehow wire it that way. I know next to nothing about electrical work so I'd need a step by step guide if I was to pull the trigger on this.

I'm sure you're not the only one with this question. I see some posts asking the same question.

-Rob

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
It could easily be tapped into the DRL's or dipped beams/fogs. The current draw from these is pretty low so it'll be well within tolerance of the wiring. I'd recommend adding in some waterproof connectors where the wiring it tapped into the headlight harness so that it can be unplugged easily in future, should you need to remove the bumper. I keep a load of Deustch connectors handy for this sort of thing. They come in loads of shapes and sizes to suit whatever you're working on.
Honda Civic 10th gen LED emblems deustch_connectors

r_rated_ctr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I want a set of red/white ones to put on front and rear of my type r to light up all white when in comfort mode, white edge with red h in sport mode, and all red when in +R mode, but I have no idea how to make that happen.
Sponsored