Leaves, twigs and bugs collecting in panel gaps and window weatherstripping

Spike Spiegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I’ve never had a car where more environmental debris accumulates in places such as: where the windshield meets the A-pillars/hood, in the corners of the engine bay near the hinges and worst of all inside the side window crevices (large coupe windows). The gaps are just large enough that falling leafs wedge themselves inside but not large enough to make them easy to remove.

When I look down into my side window wells there is junk between the outside of the window and the door panel. Very difficult to scoop that stuff out. I worry that if enough stuff builds up in there it could interfere with the smooth operation of the windows.

Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

vawwzz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I’ve never had a car where more environmental debris accumulates in places such as: where the windshield meets the A-pillars/hood, in the corners of the engine bay near the hinges and worst of all inside the side window crevices (large coupe windows). The gaps are just large enough that falling leafs wedge themselves inside but not large enough to make them easy to remove.

When I look down into my side window wells there is junk between the outside of the window and the door panel. Very difficult to scoop that stuff out. I worry that if enough stuff builds up in there it could interfere with the smooth operation of the windows.

Anyone else have this issue?
Yes, same issue for me, there's always crap making it's way over there. I usually blast it with water when I wash my car, gets rid of most of the debris. I need to stop parking my car underneath trees lol.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. I've never seen anything like it. There is also a groove/gap on the sides of the front and back windows that all kind of stuff gets caught in.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Yeah, leaves can accumulate near the windshield/hood gap where water run-off area is. I have this issue with my Camry, the leaves and debris accumulation over the years turned to dirt and I had weeds growing!. Once a week try and blast them out with water and a strong nozzle. If the only place to park is under trees or near them, maybe a car cover would stop this
Sponsored