OP
OP
Calicoasta06

Calicoasta06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 accord exl
Maybe the ivory doesnt show it so much but with the right shadows its more visible. My civic is over a year old with almost 18k miles.

20170102_104803.jpg
I can see it! This really sucks, I'm debating taking it to a upholstery shop to add more cushion.

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a similar problem where there's in indent in the seat. Not the same pattern, but it still bothers me. Leather seats look good when new, but after stretching and cracking, they look horrible. These things are often more visible on black leather than beige or white leather.

OP
OP
Calicoasta06

Calicoasta06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 accord exl
I have a similar problem where there's in indent in the seat. Not the same pattern, but it still bothers me. Leather seats look good when new, but after stretching and cracking, they look horrible. These things are often more visible on black leather than beige or white leather.
I feel like it might be that the seat cushion doesn't have enough foam.

KimO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda Civic EX, 2016 Honda EX-TL Rallye Red
Country flag
Is this normal, it happens when I wear jeans and even sweat pants. I have had leather seats before and this has never happened. Someone please help! The car only has 2000 miles.

20161123_164237.jpg
This is my driver's
Honda Civic 10th gen Leather seats, is this normal!! IMG_0022.JPG
seat at about 7k. I drive this car every day. I agree that it almost looks like someone kneeled in the seat at some point. To answer your question, no, that does not look normal to me and I have to say, I am a little OC(D) and your seat would bother me. If it were me, I would see if Honda can replace the leather. If they say it will happen again, I would say I will take my chances. Good Luck.

OP
OP
Calicoasta06

Calicoasta06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 accord exl
This is my driver's
IMG_0022.JPG
seat at about 7k. I drive this car every day. I agree that it almost looks like someone kneeled in the seat at some point. To answer your question, no, that does not look normal to me and I have to say, I am a little OC(D) and your seat would bother me. If it were me, I would see if Honda can replace the leather. If they say it will happen again, I would say I will take my chances. Good Luck.
I appreciate it man

KimO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got the leather seats. Now I'm worried...
Don't be worried- I think the issue with seat indents is an issue with that seat - which I think Honda needs to address - but it's not my car. My leather is fine...and believe me, if it was a problem, I would be back at Honda. I am so Obsessive-Compulsive, I had the buttons removed from my jeans so they won't scratch my leather. Yep- truth. Anyway, don't be worried....

OP
OP
Calicoasta06

Calicoasta06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 accord exl
Don't be worried- I think the issue with seat indents is an issue with that seat - which I think Honda needs to address - but it's not my car. My leather is fine...and believe me, if it was a problem, I would be back at Honda. I am so Obsessive-Compulsive, I had the buttons removed from my jeans so they won't scratch my leather. Yep- truth. Anyway, don't be worried....
I hope so, because they are replacing the seat, but I'm debating going to an upholstery shop to add a little more cushion

KimO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hope so, because they are replacing the seat, but I'm debating going to an upholstery shop to add a little more cushion
Personally, I wouldn't mess with that. Your new seats should be just fine. But...that's just me.

OP
OP
Calicoasta06

Calicoasta06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 accord exl
Personally, I wouldn't mess with that. Your new seats should be just fine. But...that's just me.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I just fear it getting terrible over time.

KimO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I just fear it getting terrible over time.
I totally get it...removed button from my jeans pockets, remember? But if you mess around with trying to overstuff, you might find yourself with a new problem. I really think it will be fine. Good Luck :nixon:

OP
OP
Calicoasta06

Calicoasta06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 accord exl
I totally get it...removed button from my jeans pockets, remember? But if you mess around with trying to overstuff, you might find yourself with a new problem. I really think it will be fine. Good Luck :nixon:
Thanks man!!!! Yeah I would do the same!!!

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
Only have 5k on it and scuffing on the seats . Not sure if it's because belt or just jeans in general . Any advise?

Honda Civic 10th gen Leather seats, is this normal!! IMG_3897.JPG

OP
OP
Calicoasta06

Calicoasta06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 accord exl
Only have 5k on it and scuffing on the seats . Not sure if it's because belt or just jeans in general . Any advise?

IMG_3897.JPG
I would take that to the dealership, that shouldn't be that way.
Sponsored