raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
Thinking about some leather seat covers. Been looking at Cover King but would like to hear from someone who has used them or any other brand. I don’t want loose fitting seat covers but also don’t have thousands to spend on this. Clazzio looks nice too but only available on the fit for some reason.

Didn’t get leather in my 2018 EX-T because I wanted the manual transmission.

Thanks
Ray
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thinking about some leather seat covers. Been looking at Cover King but would like to hear from someone who has used them or any other brand. I don’t want loose fitting seat covers but also don’t have thousands to spend on this. Clazzio looks nice too but only available on the fit for some reason.

Didn’t get leather in my 2018 EX-T because I wanted the manual transmission.

Thanks
Ray
I don't have any yet,but like you I'm interested in them. I found out though that cover king will send you samples of their fabric and colors for free though I got four of them and they came in two days. I couldn't afford the leather though so I wanted to see their leatherette and its pretty nice and actually has a longer warranty than the real leather.

OP
OP

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't have any yet,but like you I'm interested in them. I found out though that cover king will send you samples of their fabric and colors for free though I got four of them and they came in two days. I couldn't afford the leather though so I wanted to see their leatherette and its pretty nice and actually has a longer warranty than the real leather.
My samples just came in yesterday. I like the fabric but I am just worried about how they fit. I don’t want my seats to look like a boy wearing his dads shirt!

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My samples just came in yesterday. I like the fabric but I am just worried about how they fit. I don’t want my seats to look like a boy wearing his dads shirt!
Yea, me either. Luckily for me, they said the ones I can afford do actually fit better than the leather. I think that if you don't like them,you can send them back within 30 days, but there may have been a restocking fee, not sure if that applied within 30 days though .

OP
OP

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea, me either. Luckily for me, they said the ones I can afford do actually fit better than the leather. I think that if you don't like them,you can send them back within 30 days, but there may have been a restocking fee, not sure if that applied within 30 days though .
Please post back here when you get yours installed!

Wouldn’t be opposed to the synthetic leather.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please post back here when you get yours installed!

Wouldn’t be opposed to the synthetic leather.
Will do,it will be a while though,I'm in the midst of an arbitration hearing and might not even have this car next month,lol

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
Look at Katzkin..I love mine..I have Purple Katzkin in 370Z and I did Salsa Red and black leather when I purchased my sport hatch thru Honda. I purposely wanted the sport because I wanted to do the color leather I wanted..I don't care about all the tech stuff in the touring..I realized that when I had my coupe exl..I only prefer leather or leatherette..cloth doesn't work for me..In both cars the install came out fantastic. A custom auto upholstery shop did my 370Z..All looks like oem. My cellphone kinda caputures the salsa red color weird..Going try take some better pics another time.. But both installs came out great.. I wish i did the red on the door handles.. May change it.. But doing some interior trim with some sort of red accents.

Honda Civic 10th gen Leather seat covers? IMG_20171028_145830

Honda Civic 10th gen Leather seat covers? IMG_20180614_191803

Honda Civic 10th gen Leather seat covers? IMG_20180614_191646

Honda Civic 10th gen Leather seat covers? IMG_20180614_191723

Last edited:

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX 6MT, 2002 Honda Accord SE 5MT
Country flag
OP
OP

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Look at Katzkin..I love mine..I have Purple Katzkin in 370Z and I did Salsa Red and black leather when I purchased my sport hatch thru Honda. I purposely wanted the sport because I wanted to do the color leather I wanted..I don't care about all the tech stuff in the touring..I realized that when I had my coupe exl..I only prefer leather or leatherette..cloth doesn't work for me..In both cars the install came out fantastic. A custom auto upholstery shop did my 370Z..All looks like oem. My cellphone kinda caputures the salsa red color weird..Going try take some better pics another time.. But both installs came out great.. I wish i did the red on the door handles.. May change it.. But doing some interior trim with some sort of red accents.

IMG_20171028_145830.jpg

IMG_20180614_191803.jpg

IMG_20180614_191646.jpg

IMG_20180614_191723.jpg

Those look great, how much is a typical install? I was hoping to install myself - I could wait a year and then get something like this.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
Those look great, how much is a typical install? I was hoping to install myself - I could wait a year and then get something like this.
hmm..well depends..my 370Z was like $1,700 at an auto upholstery shop..my hatch was done thru Honda..you can call Honda they have the katzkin brochure at the dealerships if you want to upgrade your cloth to leather with them..but a 5pax seat car at an auto upholstery shop..well I don't know..you'd have to call around on that..since my 370Z is a 2 seater..so I wouldn't know..depends on the place and labor involved in your vehicle..I'd call Honda and ask about their Katzkin leather upgrade.

OP
OP

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Those look good. If the leather fit like that I would be very happy.

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX 6MT, 2002 Honda Accord SE 5MT
Country flag
Those look good. If the leather fit like that I would be very happy.
In the CoverKing video Ill attach below, I believe they are installing either leather or a synthetic variant. It will give you a better idea of the fit with a different material than my CR Neoprene ones.

Cheers and goodluck!

Ionnaeus

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback
Wildcard option - buying the oem leather complete seats from a salvage yard and swapping them out yourself. Sell your old cloth ones to offset the cost.
Sponsored

Last edited: