Leather Honda Insight Armrest pieces fit Civic?

Edd

First Name
Edd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
My beige "Insight Touring sedan" door armrests arrived today. Part numbers all match the numbers I ordered.
Interestingly, all four have a "Civic EXL" OEM scan label on the underside....
Sponsored

Emig5m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe / 2004 Ford Lightning
Country flag
So the center console pieces fit the SI but the door arm rests don't? Is there a solution to get leather armrests for the SI? And what about the center console parts being discontinued? It's a 2019 part for crying out loud? IMO the SI is a upper trim and should of come with leather!

redstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2019 CR-V EX-L
Country flag
So the center console pieces fit the SI but the door arm rests don't? Is there a solution to get leather armrests for the SI? And what about the center console parts being discontinued? It's a 2019 part for crying out loud? IMO the SI is a upper trim and should of come with leather!
The part numbers listed here are for the sedan. The coupe arm rests are different than the sedans. The insight does not come as a coupe so the arm rests are not available in the same manner. I imagine the EX-L coupe arm rests would work for your car but I think this thread was started because the leather civic arm rests weren't available to order as a part separate from the entire door panel. As far as the center arm rests, there are other honda parts sellers that have them listed and not discontinued but they are on backorder with no eta.

redstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
any pics or video to get the door ones off?

I just did mine yesterday. It's very easy. Pop off the window/door lock control panel. Use a plastic tool so you don't scratch the plastic. Disconnect the wire harness (on the drivers door there will also be one for the trunk release once you pull the panel off). There is one screw you will find in the opening, remove it. Wedge something under the panel near the lower rear of the door. Once you pop the first one the rest should come out as you pull the edges out. Once they are all popped out you should be able to lift the panel slightly and pull it off. In my case a few of the green things stayed in the door so I pulled them out and then slid them back into their spots in the door panel. The armrest is held in with a handful of screws on the backside of the door panel.

avidark22

First Name
Amol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
I just did mine yesterday. It's very easy. Pop off the window/door lock control panel. Use a plastic tool so you don't scratch the plastic. Disconnect the wire harness (on the drivers door there will also be one for the trunk release once you pull the panel off). There is one screw you will find in the opening, remove it. Wedge something under the panel near the lower rear of the door. Once you pop the first one the rest should come out as you pull the edges out. Once they are all popped out you should be able to lift the panel slightly and pull it off. In my case a few of the green things stayed in the door so I pulled them out and then slid them back into their spots in the door panel. The armrest is held in with a handful of screws on the backside of the door panel.
Thank you.

Edd

First Name
Edd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Ditto. I also had a couple of green plugs stay in the door frame when I removed the panels.
It's important to use the nylon door removal tools--instead of pliers--to pull out the plugs to reinstall them onto the door.

Plastic tool with a v-notch will lift out the stubborn plug without deforming it. And, sure beats driving to the dealer to buy a handful of green fastners...

OP
OP

Bru87tr

I have had to take my door panels off a few times now. No issues with the plugs coming off.

There is a lip under the speaker area. Its easy to get a good grip on it as it sticks out, pull carefully as you go around the door and comes off really easy.

redstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just got a shipping notice from hondapartsonline.net for the center armrest parts. That's about two weeks sooner than I was told. Cant wait to get them installed. The covers I put on the factory ones look terrible.

Edd

First Name
Edd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Just got a shipping notice from hondapartsonline.net for the center armrest parts. That's about two weeks sooner than I was told. Cant wait to get them installed. The covers I put on the factory ones look terrible.
Great! This is definitely a must-do swap at a reasonable price. The best part is they stay clean. Just wipe 'em with a damp cloth occasionally.

OP
OP

Bru87tr

I just got my pleather shifter in yesterday. Install reall easily.

I like it, I especially like the silver trim that matches my interior. But I have to say, I was ok with the vinyl one and may actually prefer it. It has a better feel and grip.

The last upgrade I will do is the steering wheel.

ShiftItManual

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got all five pieces from HondaAcuraOnline.com at the end of April for $148.72. The parts had been backordered and arrived on Thursday. I just finished installing the center pieces and I’ll be installing the door pieces soon.

Honda Civic 10th gen Leather Honda Insight Armrest pieces fit Civic? 54DF778A-D4D0-4BAE-B9F8-33ABFF0F174F

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
The 2.0 civic sport coupe/sedan, comes with leather steering wheel, shift knob, arm rest/console, and door pieces. Considering the dealer wanted only $200 more for the sport than the LX I was looking to buy. These leather upgrades alone was worth it.
Sponsored