Leather Honda Insight Armrest pieces fit Civic?

OP
OP

Bru87tr

After looking I had the $20 shipping that hondapartsonline charged on my mind. hondapartsnow charged tax plus $14 shipping but hondapartsnetwork was $7 with no tax. Not a huge deal but maybe I'm just annoyed that they canceled my order without explanation.
I think they charge tax based on if it ships locally. My parts have been shipped by local dealers right here in MA, so they have to charge tax. If outside the state, prob no tax.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bru87tr

I honestly don't think I am for one the stitching is gray getting it to color match will be close to impossible. If I do I think I would go with black... but really in pictures it doesn't really capture the color just right the stitching is a darker gray color and really doesn't look all that bad
Yes, it looks white in some pics if taken in bright daylight or flash. It is actually gray.

Edd

First Name
Edd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
My center armrest FINALLY showed up today. It was transferred from our metro USPS distribution center to the wrong post office....umpteen miles away. So, it sat there until somebody sent it back to the distribution center...where it sat some more. Anyway, got it installed without issue. So, I'm forgiving the Post Office just this once...:D

Edd

First Name
Edd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
I just ordered the door armrests, although I don't look forward to popping out the door panels.
I've busted a few motorcycle fairing tabs over the years, so I just cringe when yanking plastic.

Honda Civic 10th gen Leather Honda Insight Armrest pieces fit Civic? 20190501_135553-1

Last edited:

OP
OP

Bru87tr

I just ordered the door armrests, although I don't look forward to popping out the door panels.
I've busted a few motorcycle fairing tabs over the years, so I just cringe when yanking plastic.

20190501_135553-1.jpg
This was the 4th time I have taken off my door panels. Not one problem, the tabs are strong.

Reactions: Edd

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
No luck. Just got an email saying they are out of stock. They said maybe by the end of May but not sure.
Ooph yeah Honda was probably not expecting so many orders for those parts. Typically not really purchased I’m sure lol.

OP
OP

Deleted member 28465

I believe they have plenty of stock for the beige leather if anyone was interested. As far as I know it’s just the black leather that’s low supply.

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
just ordered my rear seat arm rests before something bad happens and they become discontinued. im assuming i has to pop the door panel off on the rear seats just like the front ones.

gatorcivic

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag

Edd

First Name
Edd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Does anyone know what the platinum grey looks like? Do you think is would match the other interior grey cloth or is it some different shade of grey?

https://www.hondapartsonline.net/oe...ly-nh882l-leather-platinum-gray-83441txma01zb
I ordered my Ivory center armrest from HondaPartsNow. Their website shows black or ivory color choice when searching the 2019 Insight Touring parts list.

Before ordering mine, I researched the 2019 Honda Insight website. The current Insight--from what I saw-- offers the black, black/brown (which gives you black armrests), and ivory interior color choices.

I didn't see anything about a platinum grey interior factory availability.
So...I suspect that the choices are black or ivory armrests.

I don't know if the platinum grey is a prior year (s) option, or what. I just offer this info so you don't order platinum grey and receive an ivory item...

Maybe someone with a platinum grey background can chime in.

jason1384

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Center console upgrade for $100.. hmm. I hate the way the cloth feels...may pull the trigger.

Can anyone link or post videos on replacing the door arm rests? Doesnt seem as easy as the center console

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Center console upgrade for $100.. hmm. I hate the way the cloth feels...may pull the trigger.

Can anyone link or post videos on replacing the door arm rests? Doesnt seem as easy as the center console
its super easy man, you just have to remove the whole door panel off. just google removing door panel off 10th gen civic, then once you get the door panel off there are 5 screws on the backside holding the armrest piece on, pop those out and swap parts and put it back together