Leaking Sunroof?!?!?

Mishka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic ex
Country flag
Uhmmm is this supposed to happen? (Video)

Edit:
Sponsored

Last edited:

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
I have not looked at my brand new Honda to see how they engineer for leaks. But i know with my Ford Escape it is designed in such a way that if the gasket leaks, the water is channeled out directly below the gasket through drains.

hondaguy6295

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 crystal black ex sedan
Mines the same way, did you ask your dealer about it? If so what did they say?

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I have not looked at my brand new Honda to see how they engineer for leaks. But i know with my Ford Escape it is designed in such a way that if the gasket leaks, the water is channeled out directly below the gasket through drains.
Same with this car, and same with my '02 EP3 Si. The water goes back and feeds into plastic tubes, which are routed down either the B or C pillars [edit - A pillars and C pillars for the hatchback) and out the bottom of the car. I think my '86 Si hatchback had drain channels and tubes, too.

This is why I tell people to not waste their money getting a sunroof installed into a car that didn't have one from the factory.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
So this begs the question, are the drains clogged? It does happen on occasion.
In his case, I don't think so. This is rainwater entering from the seam between the glass panel and the roof. If the drains were clogged, it'd overflow from somewhere else.

Where it would overflow to, though, I don't know, because I never noticed any water problems in my previous two Civics.

However, even though it's all designed to drain this water away, I'd take it in and see if they'd be willing to fix it.

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
I would imagine then that the gasket was applied incorrectly to the glass. That should have some sort of bonding agent. At the end of the day, the dealer will probably just replace the glass panel. Thats pretty easy to do from my experience.

Yours must of been built the day after St, Paddys. :beer:
Sponsored