Leaked: 2023 Civic Type R early look on Honda Japan website! 📸

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Subaru did something similar with the WRX/STI line. While they didn't start with an as aggressive look as the CTR they did morph it into a white bread looking commuter daily driver. My guess is the marketing types softened the look to appeal to a larger segment of the car buying public.
And they failed massively from what I have read. WRX's sitting rotting on lots like no other Subaru. You can get massive discounts on WRX right now.
Sponsored

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
The forum civicxi gotta be the most boring people in real life. They praise the bland look and make fun of the unique fk8.
well hard pass and it was what i expected it to be. An accord type R.

Laughing so hard at this. Sorry not sorry.

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW
Country flag
The forum civicxi gotta be the most boring people in real life. They praise the bland look and make fun of the unique fk8.
well hard pass and it was what i expected it to be. An accord type R.

Laughing so hard at this. Sorry not sorry.
Have to agree here. The lengths they go to shit on the FK8 is ridiculous. Granted the FL5 doesn’t appeal to me in anyway, but change is good. Once orders go live the forums there I’m sure will be full of post complaining about mark ups or allotments and somehow FK8 owners will be the problem…

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
It's funny to me with all this tribalism between FK8 and FL5. I love the FK8 and what it represents but I wouldn't personally own one due to the styling. Like many I agree it's overstyled but I don't think it's ugly in any way. Now the FL5 styling is definitely my cup of tea and I'm sure it will drive as well if not better than the FK8. I appreciate both and think it's just a matter of preference. Can't lose either way.

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW
Country flag
It's funny to me with all this tribalism between FK8 and FL5. I love the FK8 and what it represents but I wouldn't personally own one due to the styling. Like many I agree it's overstyled but I don't think it's ugly in any way. Now the FL5 styling is definitely my cup of tea and I'm sure it will drive as well if not better than the FK8. I appreciate both and think it's just a matter of preference. Can't lose either way.
Same thing happened with the NSX. Granted it’s two different price points, but the community is nearly identical.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
its the human condition to be tribal. Look at anything people disagree upon.
personally i hope the new one performs better. But very few cars ive owned make me look back at it after a drive.
seeing the new civics its just so boring. But people generally are, because tribalism means to fit in and not be different.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually thought FK8 owners would be more stoked a new R was coming. The best part about having a TypeR is that you have a fucking TypeR. Now we will have 3 options in North America to actually own one (ITR, FK8,FL5). I mean I agree the new one seems incredibly mild but it’s still an R.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
It looks exactly like the camo version we all have seen for a year. Not sure why now everyone is surprised it looks.... exactly the same.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
And they failed massively from what I have read. WRX's sitting rotting on lots like no other Subaru. You can get massive discounts on WRX right now.
I don't know what lots they are rotting on, sounds like some made up Reddit bs. I am on the wait list for one and expect delivery in November.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1657732464489.png

Who cares? If you like your FK8 right on. Some useless comments on another forum shouldn't prompt folks to jump online and add to the hysteria.
👏 👏

typearghhhh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Am I the only one that likes the new generation? I'm gonna part out about 15-20k into the fk8 shortly

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Am I the only one that likes the new generation? I'm gonna part out about 15-20k into the fk8 shortly
I like every type R, so yea I do. Not going to go more in the hole to buy one though 😆

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si coupe, 2021 SGP Type R
1657732464489.png

Who cares? If you like your FK8 right on. Some useless comments on another forum shouldn't prompt folks to jump online and add to the hysteria.
I really like the new wheels. Do you believe they are forged?

Last edited:

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
On the other hand (especially if there is improved performance)...it could be a total sleeper.

To each, their own. I prefer my FK8...but that's not to say someone else doesn't like the new one.

As for the WRX... I drove one (was hoping for an STI that, of course, never happened) and I was not impressed...
Sponsored