Leaked: 2023 Civic Type R early look on Honda Japan website! 📸

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
Ewww. Glad I was able to get a '21...I like the 'over-styled' look - with that one, you might as well buy an accord and slap a wing on it.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
mehhh...doesn't look any better in a suited up type R version this car...the lines are bad.
This car has NOTHING sporty about it, to me it doesn't even make sense to try to turn it into a sports car like that.

A type R version of the Clarity would probably look just as good.

Last edited:

JohnInATL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP FK8
Country flag
I like it, the new Civic is a nice looking car. But it doesn't have that sharp Japanese exterior styling that the FK8 has.

Proxkiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
it’s too understated. It doesn’t turn heads like the 10th it feels like they just got an aftermarket hood and a wing and called it a day. I’m sure Honda worked hard and I’m sure it’s gonna be a great car. If the 10th type r didn’t sell well I’d understand them changing the look this drastically to get more sales, but it doesn’t make sense to me

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
It's okay. Not really a fan of the front end. I just wanna see interior pics now...

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I wanted an understated mild looking hot hatch I would have bought a golf R. This FL5 Will 100% be faster around a track and be better performer than the FK8 for sure. But holy hell is it mild looking. I’m obviously not one for mild looks and understand why people think the FK8 looked overstyled (which it is).

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Subaru did something similar with the WRX/STI line. While they didn't start with an as aggressive look as the CTR they did morph it into a white bread looking commuter daily driver. My guess is the marketing types softened the look to appeal to a larger segment of the car buying public.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Subaru did something similar with the WRX/STI line. While they didn't start with an as aggressive look as the CTR they did morph it into a white bread looking commuter daily driver. My guess is the marketing types softened the look to appeal to a larger segment of the car buying public.
Bunch of softies…

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Not sure if you guys saw the red camo pics from last year but the 11th gen type r has wayyy wider fenders than the base civics. It's gonna look much more impressive in person despite being overall subtler. I do think it's weird they didn't go with a huge paint matched wing like previous gens though, that's probably what makes the styling look so bland in comparison

Jebuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CBP Type R
Country flag
Not sure if you guys saw the red camo pics from last year but the 11th gen type r has wayyy wider fenders than the base civics. It's gonna look much more impressive in person despite being overall subtler. I do think it's weird they didn't go with a huge paint matched wing like previous gens though, that's probably what makes the styling look so bland in comparison
I liked the stance from the camo pics, but yes I want a clear picture of the rear and side profile. The rear spoiler looks like it's out of place with how it's bolted on the hatch. If it's not paint matched, it'll be worse.
Sponsored