Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
No remote start on the EX, only on the EX-T and above it appears. That is different than what we thought before as it was discussed as EX and above before. I saw a review mentioning this before and was looking to see which was right, accoring to this manual EX-T and above only.

nade shot

Threads
Reaction score
Very interesting stuff. "Have the customer drive the vehicle in Sport Mode if they have concerns about the CVT transmission."

I love getting an inside look at Honda's own fear, doubts, uncertainty and how they perceive the vehicle compared to the competition.

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
Some of the information in the manual in contradictory; for example the heated mirrors (page 24) say EX and above but in the model comparison on page 66 it says heated mirrors are an added feature on the EX-T from the EX. Same story on the 8 way power seat on page 33, says EX-T and above in manual describing the feature but on page 66 it says this is a new feature only on the EX-L and above.

I also noted at some point in the specs like page 74, the EX-T has 17 inch wheels but the tires are 16" lol. Seems this was made in a hurry....

Yes, I read very quickly lol, got most of this read and read well enough to spot typos. :)

OP
OP

poop1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Interesting to read how Honda suggests the car is 'sold' and marketed to prospective owners.
Yeah, I was surprised how in-depth it talks about the hispanic buyers.. I'm hispanic myself and I actually preordered the touring model in cosmic blue. I was able to get the MSRP lowered to $27,899 and I also received an additional $1,500 on my trade-in which was worth only $10,000 after the appraisal.. Even more surprising is that everything they say about hispanic buyers is pretty much true, although, I actually went to the dealership myself this time because when I got my first car last year (2015 forte) at kia. My father talked all tough about him getting me the best deal and lowballin' the dealership but ended giving in after the first deal offered.

OP
OP

poop1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
No remote start on the EX, only on the EX-T and above it appears. That is different than what we thought before as it was discussed as EX and above before. I saw a review mentioning this before and was looking to see which was right, accoring to this manual EX-T and above only.
I think they may have rushed this manual a bit but it should be all EX models because the official honda website (Future cars section) states remote start on EX and above.. Unless it was dropped at last second

OP
OP

poop1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Very interesting stuff. "Have the customer drive the vehicle in Sport Mode if they have concerns about the CVT transmission."

I love getting an inside look at Honda's own fear, doubts, uncertainty and how they perceive the vehicle compared to the competition.
hahaha yesssss! I had concerns too about CVT but it seems like that's where all vehicles are headed... I remember hearing about CVT for the very first time last week on a lot of cars (I used to think it was only for Prius/Hybrid vehicles) I watched a 0-60 youtube video on a CVT just to see why it receives hate and when the RPMs stayed at 6000 without "shifting gears", I was like "What the hell is going on!?!?" and that's how I learned how CVTs work lmao.

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
Yeah, I was surprised how in-depth it talks about the hispanic buyers.. I'm hispanic myself and I actually preordered the touring model in cosmic blue. I was able to get the MSRP lowered to $27,899 and I also received an additional $1,500 on my trade-in which was worth only $10,000 after the appraisal.. Even more surprising is that everything they say about hispanic buyers is pretty much true, although, I actually went to the dealership myself this time because when I got my first car last year (2015 forte) at kia. My father talked all tough about him getting me the best deal and lowballin' the dealership but ended giving in after the first deal offered.
Ah the elusive Cosmic Blue. There haven't been any real life photos yet, are you worried at all you might not like the color?

When are they estimating your car will come in for delivery?

OP
OP

poop1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Some of the information in the manual in contradictory; for example the heated mirrors (page 24) say EX and above but in the model comparison on page 66 it says heated mirrors are an added feature on the EX-T from the EX. Same story on the 8 way power seat on page 33, says EX-T and above in manual describing the feature but on page 66 it says this is a new feature only on the EX-L and above.

I also noted at some point in the specs like page 74, the EX-T has 17 inch wheels but the tires are 16" lol. Seems this was made in a hurry....

Yes, I read very quickly lol, got most of this read and read well enough to spot typos. :)
I know! haha I'm just glad I was able to get my hands on this for you guys because I would get a headache trying to scour the internet for more official specs and information.
What I noticed is that the prices listed on this book is what the dealership is willing to go down to for your business. Now they won't easily give you this number but if you are persistent they WILL give you something close to it. I brought in a truecar estimate and it helped in bringing the price even lower.

jonneyboy25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 civic
Country flag
I know! haha I'm just glad I was able to get my hands on this for you guys because I would get a headache trying to scour the internet for more official specs and information.
What I noticed is that the prices listed on this book is what the dealership is willing to go down to for your business. Now they won't easily give you this number but if you are persistent they WILL give you something close to it. I brought in a truecar estimate and it helped in bringing the price even lower.
where is this?...im just seeing the msrp written in...doesnt have destination fee

OP
OP

poop1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Ah the elusive Cosmic Blue. There haven't been any real life photos yet, are you worried at all you might not like the color?

When are they estimating your car will come in for delivery?
So the vehicle had an estimated production time of 11/04-11/08 but my delivery time quote is 11/20-11/24.. So it will be here around 11/20-11/24 :) I've also asked the salesman to make sure that the prep crew does NOT install a front license plate holder. I live in texas where by law you need to have a license plate in front or in windshield (it's not super enforced). I feel like drilling holes in the front (even though it has the holes predetermined) ruins the vehicle. He has to run to them once they get it to tell them not to install it.. If they do, not a big deal, i'll just have what everyone else in texas has, but if it doesnt get installed then sweet!

Also, I originally wanted black but they won't be receiving them after a while so I looked up cosmic blue and from everything I researched I feel like I will love it (as long as it's not BRIGHT blue)
There's a second blue called Aegean Blue which is bright and on the website.. I think I only found cosmic blue as a small portion in the tech section

Attachments

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Looks like those are just the MSRP prices.
See the invoice/MSRP price sheet - http://www.civicx.com/threads/official-2016-honda-civic-pricing-invoice-retail-revealed.412/
Sponsored