TheRitzKid

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8 Type R
Country flag
I did the le ads mod to my fk8 and so far I quite enjoy the subtly remarkable change it's made to the driving experience.

I was asked some great questions regarding it and I'm unfortunately unable to properly answer these questions as I don't have experience pertaining to sway/strut bars.
1) How does this compare to a sway bar?
2) Does it basically do the same job as a sway bar?
3) What about a strut bar?

Does anyone have experience with those things? What are they like?
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I wouldn't say they do the same thing, the adjustment, to me, feels more like they dialed in the responsiveness to bumps so it adjusts quicker. Swaybars would address more side to side / lateral moving (not that there is much in this car, stock). I haven't seen many that add sway bars and such and noticed a massive difference but I could be wrong. This car handles so well stock that I haven't thought about adjusting that aspect myself. Love the LE ADS module though. All modes much improved imo.

SGP-R

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonic Gray Pearl CTR '19 #26529, '17 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I wouldn't say they do the same thing, the adjustment, to me, feels more like they dialed in the responsiveness to bumps so it adjusts quicker. Swaybars would address more side to side / lateral moving (not that there is much in this car, stock). I haven't seen many that add sway bars and such and noticed a massive difference but I could be wrong. This car handles so well stock that I haven't thought about adjusting that aspect myself. Love the LE ADS module though. All modes much improved imo.
I upgraded to the RV6 rear sway bar and end links. I put it on the 2/2 setting and took it to Carolina Motorsports Park. The first turn I actually threw it into, the backend actually came out pretty aggressive. It took a couple laps to get used to, but it definitely made a major difference.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I upgraded to the RV6 rear sway bar and end links. I put it on the 2/2 setting and took it to Carolina Motorsports Park. The first turn I actually threw it into, the backend actually came out pretty aggressive. It took a couple laps to get used to, but it definitely made a major difference.
But is that a good thing or a just feels different thing? I guess does it feel like a controlled fade out or does it feel really off on / snappy when it gives the rear out? Just curious.

SGP-R

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonic Gray Pearl CTR '19 #26529, '17 Civic EX-L
Country flag
But is that a good thing or a just feels different thing? I guess does it feel like a controlled fade out or does it feel really off on / snappy when it gives the rear out? Just curious.
It is a good thing for me. It allows me to carry more speed without worrying about understeer nearly as much. Maybe a track expert will chime in on why it's better.
Sponsored