Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
helping them learn about their cars rather than pushing them away and making them not wanna mod their cars safely.
Not sure how long you've been here but that's exactly what I always try to do. I'm all about modding cars and doing it in a safe, realistic and reliable way.
Sponsored

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
In my opinion, I feel as though, we should be welcoming ppl to our community and helping them learn about their cars rather than pushing them away and making them not wanna mod their cars safely.
I never said anything against modding/tuning your car. I have a Ktuner and TSP Stage 1 Tune that I am waiting until I drive more (i.e. go back to work at my office) to upload the tune. I plan on modding my car slowly overtime as well but at the same time I know the limitations of my CVT HB and am okay with it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Sleeper, you totally misunderstand me. I have 10,000+ posts here and am considered one of the most helpful members at this community. I simply was telling that guy that brake launching will kill his CVT. Notice that post got a bunch of likes? People know what I was saying.

But hey man, you don't like what I post or don't like me, that's your choice. I'll let my threads and post history speak for itself.

Last edited:

DanMahoney26

Redeye
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
See, you totally misunderstand me. I have 13,000 posts here and am considered one of the most helpful members at this community. I simply was telling that guy that brake launching will kill his CVT. Notice that post got a bunch of likes? People know what I was saying.

But hey man, you don't like what I post or don't like me, that's your choice. I'll let my threads and post history speak for itself.
Being in the forums for about two years I second this!

DanMahoney26

Redeye
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don’t care anymore. I give up. I’ve seen other posts stating the same thing I am been deleted. This is not what I want out of a community. I guess I’ll just have to stay clear of the forums. Seems like my wishful thinking is not needed.
I guess my experience is different but 95% of the mods I’ve done to my car I’ve first researched within civicx and found really good info on: Intakes, Exhausts, CVT and oils changes, RSB, steering wheel swap, etc. Majority of those on here are very helpful and detailed.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Somehow the CVT which is built in the current Nissan Maxima (since 2015 model) can deal with 304 hp. It's has a 3.5 liter V6 engine:

But then again there is also a built in speed limiter at arround 130 mph to protect the CVT I guess.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Simple question: I have a Civic Touring 2020 and would like to known what are the safe limits (if any) on revving up the engine while holding the brakes pedal with the gear on either D or S.
if doing repeatedly, you’re going to heat up the fluid somewhat quickly. The more the trans oil gets overheated, it’ll break down and wear faster

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I always put it in N, Rev to 5g, and slam the shifter down to L!

Coachace88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021honds civic hatchback sport 1.5t
Country flag
If you want, I can give you a phone number to order your replacement CVT.
This made the shop laugh. I work at a Honda dealership. Please forward mily info for a good deal on said transmission
Sponsored