arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious but what made you swap out the HIDs?

I gotta think the Hikari H11 LEDs in your fogs are probably way too bright. You could cut down on the light output by putting on a smoked Lamin-X film or the yellow Lamin-X, imho.
You know, I used to love Morimoto HID kits. Been using them for almost 10 years, but the latest generation is suffering from QC and possibly design issues.

I had the issue where sometimes only 1 side would fire up (sometimes driver side, sometimes passenger side!) I read that it was common with some folks here and also other people with different cars and the same kit... Could've just been bad relay harness, but you never know. Speaking of the relay harness, also don't like that they attach (2) relays to the harness, when they should've just used (1) single pole double throw relay. Anothern thing is was that the connectors always seem kind of loose. The older Morimoto kits had the ignitor and ballas built into one module, but not anymore, so there are a lot more components, more connections, and more points of failure that I just did not want to deal with anymore.

LED kits are truly Plug & Play. Less headache and the latest technology is catching up to HID output real quick!
Sponsored

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Just installed the LEDs, and I am glad I chose the more expensive $89 version. They are better than OEM, but certainly not exceedingly so when comparing to my C6 Corvette's low beam OEM 35 watts HIDs.

Side note: I have ordered the C7 "like" Morimoto Bi-LED complete conversion headlights to replace the original. OEM turns night into day as is, but the Bi-LED is reported to have "twice" the brightness! What I am excited is the complete built in LED upgrades to the DDL as well as sequential turn/hazard. Can't wait!

LED has certainly came a long way.

Kels70

First Name
Kelsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The LED fogs are honestly TOO bright. I know I'm blinding people at night/early morning, so I barely get to use them...

They are Hikari H11 LEDs and currently $37 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07GKPR452?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

As for the headlights, I actually swapped out the Morimoto HIDs and got the Hikari Eye of Megatron LEDs. Super happy with them!

Here is a pic with the same fogs, but with LED headlight bulbs:

20190719_224542.jpg

Thanks for the info. Going to look into the Hikari Eye of Megatron LED for the headlights.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
fogs are "too bright" because they're in reflector housing. LEDs really should only be in projector.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
fogs are "too bright" because they're in reflector housing. LEDs really should only be in projector.
The Hikari LEDs in the fogs were "too bright" because they were rated close to 10000 lumens of output per pair. Way too much for fog lights. I went ahead and put some 3000 lumen bulbs in there instead and its definitely easier on the eyes.

jaco

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 99 Miata
Country flag
For those who have tried the Hikari 9600 and 12000 for the low beams, are the 12000 worth 2x the money?

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I apologize if I'm beating a dead horse and, yes, I've posted on a couple of other threads but I wanted to review these new Hikari LEDs and let people who are on the fence or unsure about upgrading their halogen setup that these updated LEDs are very good. And for the price: sub $50 it's about the best "bang for the buck" for LED bulbs, imho.

I've tried OPT7 before and they were horrid. I've tried upgraded halogens and they were only marginally better than stock. I had HID kits and, yeah, they offer the best throw and lumens on the road but the warm up times were a turn off for me. Not a deal killer but having instant on is nice.

Fan noise is hardly noticeable especially when the engine is running.

On the road, the lighting is at least 50-75 percent brighter than stock. There's a definite difference in the quality of light with color balance and throw. There's not as much scatter and looks more defined but the lumens is bright. Yes, it's brighter in the first 20 feet or so in front of the car but the fall off isn't as noticeable in the early versions of LEDs. It's more gradual and the reach extends as much as the stock halogens, imho.

Anyway, below are some pics and if I can help answer any questions, I'll do my best but there's a ton of info on the board already but I like I stated, I just wanted to share.

Fairly compact, no external controller (not sure if that's good or bad).
OVae0xG.jpg

Hikari LED (left), Sylvania Silverstar halogen (right) - near perfect color match with LED DRL.
valTOkS.jpg

both sides Hikari LEDs
x80OWKk.jpg

This shot was a quick grab and not the most representative but it gives a good idea about the brightness and throw. I know it doesn't look dark but the iphone does a remarkable job of making a scene appear brighter than it really was out there. You can see how it lit up the reflectors on the truck on the right and you can even see the throw go a little past the truck.
CK5a9wT.jpg
Hello Again Rascal
Do Hikari Bulbs You Just Plug and Play ? Or need any Relay installation? Im looking to upgrqde my headlights and foglights something highquality but simple to install

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello Again Rascal
Do Hikari Bulbs You Just Plug and Play ? Or need any Relay installation? Im looking to upgrqde my headlights and foglights something highquality but simple to install
Yup. Plug and go. No relay necessary with LEDs. Takes you less than 30 minutes to get both installed.

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
Yup. Plug and go. No relay necessary with LEDs. Takes you less than 30 minutes to get both installed.
Took me probably 5 minutes to do just the headlights. Like silverrascal says, super easy job. They definitely look nicer than stock

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can i buy this? To use for the Low Bean Light? And Fog lights?
This arw the one you are using?

Screenshot_20190829-142522_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Yes. Those are the ones I reviewed in this thread.

But to be honest, I have since replaced these with the Katana 12000 lumen LEDs and I like these much more. The extra lumens really helps down the road visibility. I'd keep an eye for the Katana's when Amazon puts a deal on them.

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

But to be honest, I have since replaced these with the Katana 12000 lumen LEDs and I like these much more. The extra lumens really helps down the road visibility. I'd keep an eye for the Katana's when Amazon puts a deal on them.
These can be use for Fog light and low bean? Can you control the aluminins output?

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Why you replace them for Katana?

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These can be use for Fog light and low bean? Can you control the aluminins output?
I wouldn't recommend these LEDs for the fogs since the scatter and intensity would be too much for oncoming coming cars. Consider a lower wattage and probably a yellow bulb for more practical reasons. And, no, you can't control the output, as far as I know.

Why you replace them for Katana?
Like I mentioned, the Katana's are rated with a higher lumen (9600 vs. 12,000) and that bumped up some better visibility down the road for me. Plus, Amazon had a flash sale on them.
Sponsored