delsoldon

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic EX-T sedan / '18 Civic EX hatch / '12 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Is it my imagination, or is it the same bulb for low beams and fogs?
H11 (H8, H9) designation leads me to believe that they are.
correct, H8, H9, and H11 share the same socket so they will fit in the same housings. the wattage is just different for each (when referring to halogen bulbs). Interchangeable when talking about LED's because they should all be less than the H8's rated 35W
Sponsored

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
I got the 9600k's

No adjustments needed. I put tape on the wall and rolled back 25ft and then dropped in the new bulbs. Everything looked fine.

Honda Civic 10th gen Latest Hikari LEDs are very good 20190715_203745

Honda Civic 10th gen Latest Hikari LEDs are very good 20190715_203800

Honda Civic 10th gen Latest Hikari LEDs are very good 20190715_203730

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
Slight Update. I now have the 12000lm versions. It is much brighter, and whiter. I did have to drop the beam angle a few degrees as it was blasting other cars above the trunk line. But it was only a few turns down.

BeastHenny

Lo_FK7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
im currently using Hikari led 9600 lm 6k... for both high beam and low beam.
for its price... cant beat it.
sure, hid kit are much brighter... i ran a few of them on my previous cars.
had many problems with a lot of flickering and discoloration. headaches.

if you want brighter led... try Hikari led 12000 lm 6k...

but other than that... i bought 5 sets of Hikari led 9600 lm 6k for several cars...
not one problem yet. and sure 100x better than halogen bulbs.
I recently bought the Hikari LED 12,000 lm 6k. for my low beams. They work good and It's more than enough. However, I gotta ask you, wouldn't the high beam shine only as bright as the low beam?

Yeet-n-Duner

First Name
j0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hb ex
Country flag
I recently bought the Hikari LED 12,000 lm 6k. for my low beams. They work good and It's more than enough. However, I gotta ask you, wouldn't the high beam shine only as bright as the low beam?
My personal experience with hikari 9600 lm 6k as high beam ... this is way more than enough...
With Honda auto high beam, it is so bright because of the reflectors of street signs... it hurts!!

I mean.. you can go to the extreme with brightness for bragging rights but as for me it is not necessary for high beam since it is rarely used.. at least for the area I live in.

I Am more than satisfied for what I paid for the low beam 9600 lm 6k driving in a pitched dark road.
And safety wise.. you don’t want to blind oncoming traffics either.

Edit: lowbeam is limited to the projector directional beam.. lower and forward per say.. so it doesn’t glare onto on coming driver eyes (as much)

while highbeam is an Omni reflection.. brightness throughout the front of the car with minimal restrictions of the headlight itself.. picture that bright white light from a police car behind you when pulled over.

I hope this answers your question.

Last edited:

BeastHenny

Lo_FK7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
My personal experience with hikari 9600 lm 6k as high beam ... this is way more than enough...
With Honda auto high beam, it is so bright because of the reflectors of street signs... it hurts!!

I mean.. you can go to the extreme with brightness for bragging rights but as for me it is not necessary for high beam since it is rarely used.. at least for the area I live in.

I Am more than satisfied for what I paid for the low beam 9600 lm 6k driving in a pitched dark road.
And safety wise.. you don’t want to blind oncoming traffics either.

Edit: lowbeam is limited to the projector directional beam.. lower and forward per say.. so it doesn’t glare onto on coming driver eyes (as much)

while highbeam is an Omni reflection.. brightness throughout the front of the car with minimal restrictions of the headlight itself.. picture that bright white light from a police car behind you when pulled over.

I hope this answers your question.
Ah I see. So basically, the assembly of the high beams are set to scatter the lights more (in basic terms). Thus, we get that police style beams.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Put the Philips higher priced ones in today..ill update tonight

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay pretty damn good glad I took a shot on them thanks prime dayyy

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I see one post saying they're good in the rain and have added it to my save list on amazon canada to buy these soon

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback 6M
Country flag
I see one post saying they're good in the rain and have added it to my save list on amazon canada to buy these soon
Ordered a set from Amazon Canada last week.. should be here today or tomorrow!

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Ordered a set from Amazon Canada last week.. should be here today or tomorrow!
Do me a favour if possible, once you have them installed can you at least let us know in this thread (quote me if possible) on your opinion of them?

I would much prefer to go with HID and was debating on ordering from XenonDepot as I've had good experiences with them on my last vehicle however one of my coworkers got a cheapo HID kid and started getting random errors popping up on his dash after having a shop install them, so not sure if this is an issue with better kits or not.

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
Do me a favour if possible, once you have them installed can you at least let us know in this thread (quote me if possible) on your opinion of them?

I would much prefer to go with HID and was debating on ordering from XenonDepot as I've had good experiences with them on my last vehicle however one of my coworkers got a cheapo HID kid and started getting random errors popping up on his dash after having a shop install them, so not sure if this is an issue with better kits or not.
not @nrchaytor But here's are photos of the 12000lm at work

Turns out I was a few weeks out of the return period on Amazon, Hikari's seller worked with me on the return so I can exchange the 9600lm for another pair of 12000lm. Their CS seems is very responsive so I wanted to show them this thread.

The 9600lms are bluer and have more hotspots while the 12000lm seem to cover more. I'm quite happy with these lights.

Honda Civic 10th gen Latest Hikari LEDs are very good 20190718_204537

Honda Civic 10th gen Latest Hikari LEDs are very good 20190718_204547

Honda Civic 10th gen Latest Hikari LEDs are very good 20190718_204620

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback 6M
Country flag

Installed the Hikari LED's last night.. they're really clean looking and match the daytime running lights quite well (main reason for getting them) .. they're noticeably brighter than the stock halogens but not excessively bright, just right in my opinion.. can't help you with regards to HID's but I'm very happy with these LED's to replace the stock bulbs!
Sponsored