Latest Hikari LEDs are very good

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
These are decent but the best bang for your buck are katanas. Sub $50 and on par with the $90 Hikari
Sponsored

Yeet-n-Duner

First Name
j0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hb ex
Country flag
im currently using Hikari led 9600 lm 6k... for both high beam and low beam.
for its price... cant beat it.
sure, hid kit are much brighter... i ran a few of them on my previous cars.
had many problems with a lot of flickering and discoloration. headaches.

if you want brighter led... try Hikari led 12000 lm 6k...

but other than that... i bought 5 sets of Hikari led 9600 lm 6k for several cars...
not one problem yet. and sure 100x better than halogen bulbs.

ripcord291

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Platinum White Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went with morimoto HIDs for the low beam since we have projectors, but I just put Hikari 6000k LEDs in the fogs! Perfect color match with the DRLs

20190713_210540.jpg
Hey do you have the link for the fog lights? or anyone know the best bang for the buck for fog lights. i just got the hikari led for low beams. Hope they are good enough and match the DRLs close enough. would like them all to match. but i wanna get rid of the fog lights

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

delsoldon

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic EX-T sedan / '18 Civic EX hatch / '12 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
The more expensive hikari's are on lightning deal right now for $71.99 and I had a $20 off additional coupon. I already have them for my car but thinking about getting a pair for the wife's car

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The more expensive hikari's are on lightning deal right now for $71.99 and I had a $20 off additional coupon. I already have them for my car but thinking about getting a pair for the wife's car
How you like them I just ordered them

delsoldon

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How you like them I just ordered them
I love them. I have the more expensive hikari's in my low beams and the one's mentioned in the original post of this thread in my high beams and fog lights.

My wife has an '18 EX hatchback with the OEM halogens in them. We have been trying to drive her car more if we go out for dinner or whatever (keep miles off mine, I put premium gas in mine since ktuner, help with oil dilution since most of her trips are short) and it's really such a difference between my LED's. You won't regret it.

I also swapped out my interior bulbs and reverse lights with Auxito LED's which are very nice

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love them. I have the more expensive hikari's in my low beams and the one's mentioned in the original post of this thread in my high beams and fog lights.

My wife has an '18 EX hatchback with the OEM halogens in them. We have been trying to drive her car more if we go out for dinner or whatever (keep miles off mine, I put premium gas in mine since ktuner, help with oil dilution since most of her trips are short) and it's really such a difference between my LED's. You won't regret it.

I also swapped out my interior bulbs and reverse lights with Auxito LED's which are very nice
Ok yeah I ordered the premium ones too yeah u have all Philips leds for the interior they're actually pretty cheap at walmart

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Did you have to adjust the bulbs in the low beam housing ?

delsoldon

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you have to adjust the bulbs in the low beam housing ?
I just have them installed so that the bulb is perpendicular to the ground, like this: ( I ) rather than like this: ( -- )

From what I remember, once I had them seated all the way in the housing, there wasn't much adjustment that I had to do. The fogs and high beams were a bit of a different story since those are reflector housings instead of the projector housing of the low beam. Still not terrible but took a little fine tuning to get right.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it my imagination, or is it the same bulb for low beams and fogs?
H11 (H8, H9) designation leads me to believe that they are.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just have them installed so that the bulb is perpendicular to the ground, like this: ( I ) rather than like this: ( -- )

From what I remember, once I had them seated all the way in the housing, there wasn't much adjustment that I had to do. The fogs and high beams were a bit of a different story since those are reflector housings instead of the projector housing of the low beam. Still not terrible but took a little fine tuning to get right.
Ok cool yeah i just got them for the lowbeams because..i like halogen for fog lights...i probably will get the nokya yellow fogs. I have the yellow fog light film on there now but I might switch to smoke
Sponsored